+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: For those who want Ogletree

I see similar things. There are games where he is all over the field. But there are games he plays lazy.

And he is not a stack and shed guy at all, so it's an unknown if he can play inside.

Plus he's an idiot. And there are plenty of rumors that teams did not like his personality at all in interviews

All-Pro
    Why would Mayock hate the guy?

Still do not want. Everyone thinks this is Madden, where character issues don't really factor into the game. Character is what separates us from teams like the Eagles and Jets. Character is what won us super bowls in 1990 and 2007. Raw talent that is not willing to be shaped into something greater (the way JPP was willing) has no place on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverback98 View Post
    Veterans such as Rolle and Tuck should be able to hold his hand if need be off the field.
    When you're calling in someone like ANTREL ROLLE to help fix someone's character issues, that person is ****ed up beyond any sort of help.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I see similar things. There are games where he is all over the field. But there are games he plays lazy.

And he is not a stack and shed guy at all, so it's an unknown if he can play inside.

Plus he's an idiot. And there are plenty of rumors that teams did not like his personality at all in interviews
    If you can keep him clean and let him run and chase he will make plays all over the field. I just dont think he can play MLB for now. He doesnt handle traffic as well as you would like for a MLB some plays to cringe worthy levels. I would love to be in teams scouting meeting to hear them discuss him because his highs are really good and his lows are really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    If you can keep him clean and let him run and chase he will make plays all over the field. I just dont think he can play MLB for now. He doesnt handle traffic as well as you would like for a MLB some plays to cringe worthy levels. I would love to be in teams scouting meeting to hear them discuss him because his highs are really good and his lows are really bad.
    Yea. Which is why a lot of people are projecting him as a weakside guy. I think he could be very good there. Can he learn to use his hands well enough to eventually handle playing inside? Maybe. Not so sure that's an easy thing to teach him, especially when there is already talk about him not being a high effort guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I just hope he's more than a Will LB (at least if he's drafted by the Giants).. I like J Will there
    This is my biggest problem with Ogletree ... he's a WILL backer and we already have WILL backers (and decent ones).

Between that and his character issues, I don't see the Giants drafting him.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfam04 View Post
    He played well in the Bama game but watch him against South Carolina. He was pushed around by that OL that has no 1st round talent on it. Ogletree seems like the type of player that shows up when he wants to.
    Ill be honest, so was Javis Jones and most of the Georgia defense that is ranked very high in this draft. In fact, so are most defenders not locked into that stereotype of "blue collar, non stop motor white guy".... Ogletree is a beast. If we pass on him, unless it is for another great player, we will look back at this as a huge miss to fixing our LB situation. Dude is PERFECT to help us vs the Mike Vick / RGIII, even Tony Romo scrambling moble QBs.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth."

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Plus he's an idiot.
    So are about 60% of NFL players. He is very instinctive.

This kind of reminds me to a lesser extent the Vontaze Burfect thing last year. I wanted to burn a late round pick on the dude. Now he is a starter on the Bengals (of course) and playing very well.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth."

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Ill be honest, so was Javis Jones and most of the Georgia defense that is ranked very high in this draft. In fact, so are most defenders not locked into that stereotype of "blue collar, non stop motor white guy".... Ogletree is a beast. If we pass on him, unless it is for another great player, we will look back at this as a huge miss to fixing our LB situation. Dude is PERFECT to help us vs the Mike Vick / RGIII, even Tony Romo scrambling moble QBs.
    Fair point, they did get dominated. I just am not sold on him that high in the draft. I would rather go CB,OL,DL and pick up a guy in the later rounds. I may be in the minority but I really like Jon Bostic especially if we could land him in the 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    This is my biggest problem with Ogletree ... he's a WILL backer and we already have WILL backers (and decent ones).

Between that and his character issues, I don't see the Giants drafting him.
    I hate to agree

+ Reply to Thread