+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 114

Thread: For those who want Ogletree

  1. #51
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,110
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I dont recall if he was a known crazy before he was drafted? Surely he was one after.

    But by and large these examples of an idiot being drafted in the first havent really worked out.
    He was on probation when he was drafted..lol Hes a tool...

  2. #52
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    36,734
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ogletree was awesome against alabama.. I don't see how u guys can possibly see anything diffrent? .
    When I watch that game, everytime Alabama runs any type of power inside and gets a blocker on Ogletree he does nothing. He does a great job chasing out any type of outside run when he doesnt get blocked.

    Different type of player than Te'o, for sure.

  3. #53
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,110
    Before Alec Ogletree, this defense was giving up 20pts to teams like Buffalo and Fla Atlantic and Missouri, and in all but 1game he didn't play.. When he returned, in 9games, they only gave up 20plus to 4teams, with one of em being alabama... They had a stretch of 4games in a row where they gave up 14pts or less.. He made a diffrence, and simply made that defense better... He earend the right to be in the 1st rd discussion..

  4. #54
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,110
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    When I watch that game, everytime Alabama runs any type of power inside and gets a blocker on Ogletree he does nothing. He does a great job chasing out any type of outside run when he doesnt get blocked.

    Different type of player than Te'o, for sure.
    THe point is, not many had much success against Alabama, defensively, and most looked bad, and u can ask Te'o about that.. Thats why they got 3 first rd picks coming off that oline, and another 2nd rd pick, and possibly a top 10pick next yr, and even there TE is getting drafted simply for blocking..

  5. #55
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    36,734
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    THe point is, not many had much success against Alabama, defensively, and most looked bad, and u can ask Te'o about that.. Thats why they got 3 first rd picks coming off that oline, and another 2nd rd pick, and possibly a top 10pick next yr, and even there TE is getting drafted simply for blocking..
    I dont understand your point.

    So because Teo had a bad game against alabama, that we should ignore any trouble Ogletree had?

    Ogletree has the same problems in every game though.

    It is a bit annoying that every Ogletree thread its always that alabama video that people talk about. There are like 10 Ogletree vids on youtube.
    Last edited by slipknottin; 04-15-2013 at 08:39 PM.

  6. #56
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    36,734
    Should be watching this game instead, tell me you dont see some of what I see after this.


  7. #57
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,110
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I dont understand your point.

    So because Teo had a bad game against alabama, that we should ignore any trouble Ogletree had?

    Ogletree has the same problems in every game though.

    It is a bit annoying that every Ogletree thread its always that alabama video that people talk about. There are like 10 Ogletree vids on youtube.
    because there the best and they set the bar..

  8. #58
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    36,734
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    because there the best and they set the bar..
    But you can't evaluate a guy based on one game, especially if your argument is "well he only struggled with that because he played a great team".

    Watch other games, see him struggle just as much against other opponents.

  9. #59
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,110
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Should be watching this game instead, tell me you dont see some of what I see after this.

    I agree, he needs to get stronger, but i don't think its gonna be hard for a guy with his frame to put on weight/muscle and keep his athletic ability, which will hopefully get em better at disengaging.. They all got a aspect to there game thats not ideal, especially this yr...

  10. #60
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,110
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    But you can't evaluate a guy based on one game, especially if your argument is "well he only struggled with that because he played a great team".

    Watch other games, see him struggle just as much against other opponents.
    No kidding u shoulden't judge guys based on any one game, but like Manti Te'o is finding out, alot of people put a heavier emphasis on bama games, and u see how much negativity u can garner from one bad game with Bama, so it works both ways..

    I realize he has other good games, but the game in question being talked about, was the bama game..

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts