+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: For those who want Ogletree

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Some think the bama game is bad..lol I personally don't.. He was a big reason they were even close in that game, despite bama scoring alot. They'd of gotten crushed without him that day, i honestly believe...

I think it speaks volume how much improved GA defense was with Ogletree in the lineup then without.. Its all about making ur defense better, and i think he does that 100pct.. Not to mention, its his strengths that we lack in the LB core.. Sure, he has weaknesses , but his strengths are speed and athletic ability and ability to cover, and those are all key things this LB core and defense for that matter lack.. A good defense combines many strengths making one solid unit, so adding the things that Ogletree does well is important...
    You make valid points regarding his strengths and what our D's weakness are. However, Ogletree's doesn't solve what imo is the biggest weakness, soft in the middle. Yes he is fast, can cover but JWill also possesses those abilities. JWill may not be as good but he is certainly not a scrub. I have said it several times before, we would be better suited going CB, OL, DL and getting guys like Mike Minter, Jon Bostic, or Vince Williams. Good conversation though, I like discussing differences without all the unnecessary name calling.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Some think the bama game is bad..lol I personally don't.. He was a big reason they were even close in that game, despite bama scoring alot. They'd of gotten crushed without him that day, i honestly believe...

I think it speaks volume how much improved GA defense was with Ogletree in the lineup then without.. Its all about making ur defense better, and i think he does that 100pct.. Not to mention, its his strengths that we lack in the LB core.. Sure, he has weaknesses , but his strengths are speed and athletic ability and ability to cover, and those are all key things this LB core and defense for that matter lack.. A good defense combines many strengths making one solid unit, so adding the things that Ogletree does well is important...

Well, I don't see how anyone can watch that SC tape and not at least agree there are problems.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfam04 View Post
    You make valid points regarding his strengths and what our D's weakness are. However, Ogletree's doesn't solve what imo is the biggest weakness, soft in the middle. Yes he is fast, can cover but JWill also possesses those abilities. JWill may not be as good but he is certainly not a scrub. I have said it several times before, we would be better suited going CB, OL, DL and getting guys like Mike Minter, Jon Bostic, or Vince Williams. Good conversation though, I like discussing differences without all the unnecessary name calling.
    This.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but Mayock has lost his damn mind in regards to Ogletree's film.
    2014 MOCK DRAFT:
    1. CJ Mosley (Alabama, LB)
    2. Odell Beckham Sr. (LSU, WR)
    3. Tre Mason (Auburn, RB)
    4. Anthony Steen (Alabama, OG)

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Idiots don't go in the first round

And ogletree does not have great instincts. He has great pursuit when he is kept clean.

And the bengals can have Burfict. I have no interest in him still.
    I think his instincts are overrated here especially. His quickness and speed make up for it. In the NFL when every lineman and RB is more athletic will he make it to the spots in time inside? Outside I think he will be ok without as much to sift through

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Which is exactly why you cant rely on one game. So it bugs me to no end that the only video of Ogletree people ever talk about here is the one against alabama.
    We have 11 games up on Ogletree on Draftbreakdown. Over an hour easy of footage. 8 from 2012 and 3 from last year. I myself did 7 of the videos because he is a hard player for me to grade. On 1 hand you have a proven play maker that can provide game changing plays with his ability against the pass. Good in coverage and has the speed and quickness to be a lethal blitzer. He is 1 of the few defenders in this draft that I look at as a big play threat. On the other side of the coin his run defense leaves a lot to be desired. His hand usage his poor and his inability to shed blocks shows up all over his games.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfam04 View Post
    J Will is not anywhere close to as athletic as Ogletree... Ogletree has the frame to put on weight and can be extremely physical. He stopped Eddie Lacy dead in his tracks on the goal line...I don't think anyone has stopped Eddie Lacy one on one without maybe grabbing a leg or something. The problem with just wanting someone that can be strong in the middle is that many times that person is a liability in coverage. Ogletree tracked down some of the fastest backs in the SEC and was able to stop the most physical. If he came to work every day to go along with his athletic gifts, he could be a major upgrade to our defense.
    2014 MOCK DRAFT:
    1. CJ Mosley (Alabama, LB)
    2. Odell Beckham Sr. (LSU, WR)
    3. Tre Mason (Auburn, RB)
    4. Anthony Steen (Alabama, OG)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    J Will is not anywhere close to as athletic as Ogletree... Ogletree has the frame to put on weight and can be extremely physical. He stopped Eddie Lacy dead in his tracks on the goal line...I don't think anyone has stopped Eddie Lacy one on one without maybe grabbing a leg or something. The problem with just wanting someone that can be strong in the middle is that many times that person is a liability in coverage. Ogletree tracked down some of the fastest backs in the SEC and was able to stop the most physical. If he came to work every day to go along with his athletic gifts, he could be a major upgrade to our defense.
    I never said JWill was athletic as Ogletree, what I said was JWill is no scrub and does a solid job at it. So we would be drafting a guy who does what JWill does only better and not solving the weak middle of the D. Yes he stopped Eddie Lacy in his tracks, so what. I am not oppose drafting the guy, just opposed drafting him in the 1st round. He is not the end all be all, if you ask me I would rather take Jon Bostic out of FL in a later round. He is a thumper against the run and is adequate against the pass. I think he would help our D be more physical up the middle, which even John Mara said was the weak spot on our team.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    We have 11 games up on Ogletree on Draftbreakdown. Over an hour easy of footage. 8 from 2012 and 3 from last year. I myself did 7 of the videos because he is a hard player for me to grade. On 1 hand you have a proven play maker that can provide game changing plays with his ability against the pass. Good in coverage and has the speed and quickness to be a lethal blitzer. He is 1 of the few defenders in this draft that I look at as a big play threat. On the other side of the coin his run defense leaves a lot to be desired. His hand usage his poor and his inability to shed blocks shows up all over his games.
    Ya, but hes got the frame to add weight and strength, which seems to be ur only worry, and not to mention, Coaches can easily coach him up to not rely so much on his instincts and athletic abiilty as they strengthen this guy up and teach em that u always don't have to go around blocks..

The bottom line is our defense needs more playmaking ability and less simple run defenders that are one dimensonal in that area.. They need playmakers, and there is no better playmaker in this draft from the LB positon, and upside for that matter... THis guy isn't even a finished product..

+ Reply to Thread