+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: For those who want Ogletree

i read or saw an analysis of him where they said hes completely overrated and runs around without any idea what hes doing. and that it was like georgia just decided to put a S at MLB and told him to run all over the place. he constantly takes bad angles, missteps, and for every flashy pllay he will make, he'll make 5 bad plays

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i read or saw an analysis of him where they said hes completely overrated and runs around without any idea what hes doing. and that it was like georgia just decided to put a S at MLB and told him to run all over the place. he constantly takes bad angles, missteps, and for every flashy pllay he will make, he'll make 5 bad plays
    Curious why you don't watch your own tape on him instead of posting what someone else said. I could post a buttload of good talk on him. He's not one of the top LBers for no reason. All these prospects still have growth ahead of them
    Last edited by TAILGATIN'; 04-19-2013 at 10:15 AM.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    I think if the Giants draft Ogle it will be with the minset of converting him to Mike, which I dont think will be a problem if he improves his work ethic and gets that head of his on straight and in the game. Thats the risk you take with a pick like him, but Im all for it.
    You don't spend your first round pick on a project, unless you're 100% certain it's going to pan out quickly (a la JPP). If Ogletree is around in the 2nd somehow, I wouldn't be opposed to taking him there...

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    You don't spend your first round pick on a project, unless you're 100% certain it's going to pan out quickly (a la JPP). If Ogletree is around in the 2nd somehow, I wouldn't be opposed to taking him there...
    The latest he goes is the Ravens.. last pick in the 1st

it's the internet.. you can find people posting dumb stuff all the time.
    2014 MOCK DRAFT:
    1. CJ Mosley (Alabama, LB)
    2. Odell Beckham Sr. (LSU, WR)
    3. Tre Mason (Auburn, RB)
    4. Anthony Steen (Alabama, OG)

Say what?! No pick is ever 100% certain no matter what... If anyone picks Ogletree it's because they rightfully think he'll make a quick impact. I don't see a project with him at all. He dominates in the toughest conference in CFB. There are 1st round busts all the time that weren't even considered "projects".
    2014 MOCK DRAFT:
    1. CJ Mosley (Alabama, LB)
    2. Odell Beckham Sr. (LSU, WR)
    3. Tre Mason (Auburn, RB)
    4. Anthony Steen (Alabama, OG)

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Get out of here. Not one of these guys has proven themselves against the beasts in the NFL. They're all projects and will continue to grow as they improve at their positions and recieve better coaching. You can dislike Ogletree all you like and bash his skills all you like, but you are on the losing side of the argument because almost every coach, scout, analysist, and professional sports writer has him as a 1st round prospect. End of story.

Every draft prospect has weaknesses and strengths.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    We have 11 games up on Ogletree on Draftbreakdown. Over an hour easy of footage. 8 from 2012 and 3 from last year. I myself did 7 of the videos because he is a hard player for me to grade. On 1 hand you have a proven play maker that can provide game changing plays with his ability against the pass. Good in coverage and has the speed and quickness to be a lethal blitzer. He is 1 of the few defenders in this draft that I look at as a big play threat. On the other side of the coin his run defense leaves a lot to be desired. His hand usage his poor and his inability to shed blocks shows up all over his games.
    Ogletree is Antrel Rolle basically at the WILL spot (except Rolle might actually be better in run support )

Please show me where u read for every flashy play he makes, he makes 5bad ones.. I have a feeling u added that urself, and the funny part is, it dosen't even seem like u watched em, as u simply quote what others say and thats how u come up with what u think of em...

Trust me, the guy can play.. And hes not all flash.. What, were gonna start knocking people becasue there capable of making big game changing plays now ? What do u think, hes just a bum who occasionaly makes awesome game changing plays, but when hes not making awesome game changling plays, hes looking like hes completely braindead or something??lol it makes me laugh when people say things like that.. Good players make game changing plays, not guys who are lucky.. Maybe u make a right play at right time play now and again, but when u consistently take the ball away from the offense, and force turnovers, its because ur good, end of story..

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Ogletree is Antrel Rolle basically at the WILL spot (except Rolle might actually be better in run support )
    Ogletree is good in run support... U guys act like just becasue hes not super great at disengaging, it means hes bad in run support, but hes not.. He can stop backs in there tracks, and can track em down from just about anywhere on the field, and can lay the wood... He just goes about it in a diffrent way then most prototypical MLB's is all.. Hes certainly not a weakness against the run by any stretch...

+ Reply to Thread