+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ogletree is good in run support... U guys act like just becasue hes not super great at disengaging, it means hes bad in run support, but hes not.. He can stop backs in there tracks, and can track em down from just about anywhere on the field, and can lay the wood... He just goes about it in a diffrent way then most prototypical MLB's is all.. Hes certainly not a weakness against the run by any stretch...
    Ogletree is BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD when you get a man on him. He gets taken totally out of the play.

Just so there isn't an equivocation on my part ... in traffic on a run without a clear path to the ball carrier: He's bad, a liability, awful, MIA, and a missing person.

I highlighted several times in the Bama video that showed exactly what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by Kruunch; 04-19-2013 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Ogletree is BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD when you get a man on him. He gets taken totally out of the play.

Just so there isn't an equivocation on my part ... in traffic on a run without a clear path to the ball carrier: He's bad, a liability, awful, MIA, and a missing person.

I highlighted several times in the Bama video that showed exactly what I'm talking about.
    U highlighted a blocker doing his job and blocking out a LB? And u do realize every game every MLB plays, he gets taken out by blockers multiple times, right? Theres never gonna be a MLB that takes out the blocking on him every time, its simply not possible.. These blockers are pretty good to, ya know?

Now all that said, no one says hes great at disengaging, as its known its one of the things he could improve, but he most certainly is a solid run defender and has made numerous tackles off a block, but u just didn't feel like highlighting those plays... I could fill a whole page with tackles hes made coming off a block, litteraly..

No ones drafting a MLB in the 1st rd, early 2nd rd, that is gonna have to take em off the field on Run downs, its just not happening.. Why would they? In fact, no ones taking a LB that isn't a complete player in the first rd or early 2nd rd for that matter.. Theres just to many LB's out there that u can pick up that are one dimensional , that u will never have to waste a prized possesion 1st rd or early 2nd rd to take one...

Ogletree is a complete player, whos weaknesses aren't full on, "he can't do it", but more like, he has to improve, which is mightily diffrent...

U highlighted a blocker doing his job and blocking out a LB? And u do realize every game every MLB plays, he gets taken out by blockers multiple times, right? Theres never gonna be a MLB that takes out the blocking on him every time, its simply not possible.. These blockers are pretty good to, ya know?

Now all that said, no one says hes great at disengaging, as its known its one of the things he could improve, but he most certainly is a solid run defender and has made numerous tackles off a block, but u just didn't feel like highlighting those plays... I could fill a whole page with tackles hes made coming off a block, litteraly..

No ones drafting a MLB in the 1st rd, early 2nd rd, that is gonna have to take em off the field on Run downs, its just not happening.. Why would they? In fact, no ones taking a LB that isn't a complete player in the first rd or early 2nd rd for that matter.. Theres just to many LB's out there that u can pick up that are one dimensional , that u will never have to waste a prized possesion 1st rd or early 2nd rd to take one...

Ogletree is a complete player, whos weaknesses aren't full on, "he can't do it", but more like, he has to improve, which is mightily diffrent...
    And thus the difference between a good blocker and a good MLBer

"BAAAAAAAAAAAD"??! Pardon me, but i don't think you know what you're talking about.

You dont' get as many tackles he has if you can't get off of a block. Even in that Alabama game (which I have watched about 5 times) he still manages to make plays after being blocked. Keep in mind he's new to the position and all those guys on that Alabama line are 1st and 2nd round draft picks. There's also a such thing as gap discipline. And as mentioned, players are going to get blocked all the time. Find me the best MLB of all time and I'll show you plays he gets blocked in.
    Last edited by BlueSabbath; 04-19-2013 at 04:37 PM.
    2014 MOCK DRAFT:
    1. CJ Mosley (Alabama, LB)
    2. Odell Beckham Sr. (LSU, WR)
    3. Tre Mason (Auburn, RB)
    4. Anthony Steen (Alabama, OG)

Ogletree is good in run support... U guys act like just becasue hes not super great at disengaging, it means hes bad in run support, but hes not.. He can stop backs in there tracks, and can track em down from just about anywhere on the field, and can lay the wood... He just goes about it in a diffrent way then most prototypical MLB's is all.. Hes certainly not a weakness against the run by any stretch...
    No dude, he was 3rd in the SEC in solo tackles (despite missing 4 games) at LB because he sucks in run support and can't get off a block.

Some people should just leave player evaluation alone.
    2014 MOCK DRAFT:
    1. CJ Mosley (Alabama, LB)
    2. Odell Beckham Sr. (LSU, WR)
    3. Tre Mason (Auburn, RB)
    4. Anthony Steen (Alabama, OG)

Please hurry down to headquarters & kick the door down in the NYG draft room and let them know this top secret intel that you've acquired before they make a terrible mistake.....Because apparently he's considered a top 15 talent among scouts/draft gurus, you need to spread the word, and quick!!!

Mayock dropped him to 3rd on MLB list behind Te'o and Minter.

mike-mayock-lifts-dj-hayden-in-draft-prospect-rankings

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfam04 View Post

Ya, Bill Polian and Mel Kiper were raving about em , and they said that if he didn't have off field charechter concerns, he'd be going even higher then where they had em going, and they had em going to the bengals..

And they said MLB, because they felt Cincy could better themselves with a "true" mlb like ogletree and move burfict outside.. So i guess its each his own..

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    "BAAAAAAAAAAAD"??! Pardon me, but i don't think you know what you're talking about.

You dont' get as many tackles he has if you can't get off of a block. Even in that Alabama game (which I have watched about 5 times) he still manages to make plays after being blocked. Keep in mind he's new to the position and all those guys on that Alabama line are 1st and 2nd round draft picks. There's also a such thing as gap discipline. And as mentioned, players are going to get blocked all the time. Find me the best MLB of all time and I'll show you plays he gets blocked in.
    Polian , Jason Taylor, and Kiper were saying that bama line was probably the best in college football history.. Kinda tells u what everyone was going up against..