+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Margus Hunt

I'm not a Hunt fan just due to this size. At 6'8 he's a back spasm waiting to happen.

Having said that, he's an athletic freak and it wouldn't surprise me to see this guy excel on some team (at least in the short term). Hard to tell where the Giants view him Upside is that he's a pure athlete which the Giants love ... downside is that he's a 26 year old rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I don't think it matters. Bodies start declining at 30 no matter what wear and tear they have.

Not like Ross was more durable because he didn't play as long
    True, but aaron ross is also going into his 7th season, which isn't exactly a short career for a NFL player, and that is with a ton of injuires piling up on his body.. Margus Hunt will be around for along time if hes productive, end of story.. If he plays 7yrs in NY, then that would be along time, and a decent investment and he'd only be 33yrs old..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    True, but aaron ross is also going into his 7th season, which isn't exactly a short career for a NFL player, and that is with a ton of injuires piling up on his body.. Margus Hunt will be around for along time if hes productive, end of story.. If he plays 7yrs in NY, then that would be along time, and a decent investment and he'd only be 33yrs old..
    These are the kinds of statements that drive me insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    These are the kinds of statements that drive me insane.
    huh? Another words, were talking about his age , and i was saying if Hunts productive, he'll continue to play, and age will play no part ... If he dosen't produe, he'll be outta the league well before then, and then people will say, "oh he was a old prospect", but in reality, he simply wasen't good... What do u hate about that?

huh? Another words, were talking about his age , and i was saying if Hunts productive, he'll continue to play, and age will play no part ... If he dosen't produe, he'll be outta the league well before then, and then people will say, "oh he was a old prospect", but in reality, he simply wasen't good... What do u hate about that?
    Skip (and others) were referring to his age in that his shelf-life is most likely limited (whether he's productive or not). In other words, he'll be 30 years old when starting his second contract. 30 years old is the general demarcation line for the "prime" of an NFL player.

He's basically a full contract behind the player base as far as his prime years go, right out of the gate.

You made it sound as if his production will dictate his longevity, not his age (obviously both will be big factors in his NFL career (more than likely)).
    Last edited by Kruunch; 04-15-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Skip (and others) were referring to his age in that his shelf-life is most likely limited (whether he's productive or not). In other words, he'll be 30 years old when starting his second contract. 30 years old is the general demarcation line for the "prime" of an NFL player.

He's basically a full contract behind the player base as far as his prime years go, right out of the gate.

You made it sound as if his production will dictate his longevity, not his age (obviously both will be big factors in his NFL career (more than likely)).
    I see em just like Justin Smith.. Justin Smith is still around at 33 because he can play and continues to play well.. Once he stops playing well, hes gonna be gone.. Theres no reason Hunt should be old and crappy by the time hes 33yrs old if hes a good player.. 33 isn't much diffren then 29 , and if u say wear and tear, then Hunt gets some points there, because he didn't even play football till the past few yrs..

If u get 7-8 yrs outta Hunt, he'll only be 33-34 yrs old.. If he has a handful of very good seasons, then it was well worth it..

and why would his production not be the only factor in if hes around in his middish 30's?? What are teams not gonna sign the guy because hes 34 if hes still playing well? Of course they will.. Productivity is the only thing that will matter when it comes to how long hes around.. And if hes not productive, he'll be gone long before hes considered old anyways..

I see em just like Justin Smith.. Justin Smith is still around at 33 because he can play and continues to play well.. Once he stops playing well, hes gonna be gone.. Theres no reason Hunt should be old and crappy by the time hes 33yrs old if hes a good player.. 33 isn't much diffren then 29 , and if u say wear and tear, then Hunt gets some points there, because he didn't even play football till the past few yrs..

If u get 7-8 yrs outta Hunt, he'll only be 33-34 yrs old.. If he has a handful of very good seasons, then it was well worth it..
    Being a good player has nothing to do with how well his body holds up.

And what part of Margus Hunt reminds you of Justin Smith exactly? If he had Smith's career, he'd be 38 right now.

Alot of bigger and stronger DE's stick around for awhile.. Justin Smith, Kyle Vanden Boesch, Patrick Kerney, all continue to either play well in there 33-35yr old bodies or played right through there 34th yr of age(kerney).. Michael Strahan played untill past his mid 30's..

My point is, if he plays solid football untill his 33rd - 35th birthday, then u got a player thats been around 7-9 yrs in the league, which is a solid career..

Being a good player has nothing to do with how well his body holds up.

And what part of Margus Hunt reminds you of Justin Smith exactly? If he had Smith's career, he'd be 38 right now.
    The fact that Smith is 35yrs old and still exceling and has been in the league for a very long time(the old will his body hold up thing ur using).. He dosen't have to play as long as Smith to be considered a good lengthy NFL career worthy of a 1st rd pick.. In my opinion, if he plays well into his 33-35th birthday, u got a guy who was well worth the late 1st it took to get em..

Jared Allen is 31 and showing no signs of slowing down either..

+ Reply to Thread