+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Margus Hunt

Margus Hunt

Does anybody else love this guy for the Giants in the 2nd round if available and if the Giants don;t select a DL in the 1st round? I think is size, speed, and ability to knock down balls is too much to pass up. I think he has a HUGE upside and can be an absolute beast with the Giants. He also doesn't seem to be getting much attention regarding him and the Giants. Am I crazy?

His age scares me. I know it may be petty but it's something I can't get around.

I like his size and his ability to play multiple d-line spots.. But his age is a factor, being 26 already

I dont think he will amke it to their 2nd round pick. He will be 26 before training camp which hurts. Lack of production against players he is physically far superior over being 4 years older is a worry

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I like his size and his ability to play multiple d-line spots.. But his age is a factor, being 26 already
    Ya, but age really only matters because u have injurys and wear and tear from playing the game for yrs, which he has not done.. He started playing football later in life, and is fairly fresh 26yr old...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ya, but age really only matters because u have injurys and wear and tear from playing the game for yrs, which he has not done.. He started playing football later in life, and is fairly fresh 26yr old...
    would you like Hunt in the 2nd..?

Bears beat writer Dan Pompei believes SMU DE Margus Hunt is the type of player Packers GM Ted Thompson likes.Pompei slotted Hunt to the Packers with pick No. 26. If we are expected to believe the buzz from league insiders, Hunt is locked into the first-round. His athletic upside warrants the pick, but his tape as an end in a three man front does not. Teams will like his special teams ability, however.Source: Chicago Tribune Apr 14 - 1:51 PM
    I think Hunt as a lock for the 1st is a reach

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    would you like Hunt in the 2nd..?
    I like em at the end of the 1st.. Hes gonna have a tremendous impact on the league i believe, and has alot of JJ Watt in him.. I think hes scheme versatile, and has the strength and athletic ability to play end in a 4/3 as well as outside in a 34.. He gets his arms up and bats down passes which is just as good as a sack in my opinion as well, and is a threat to block kicks... His only knock in my opinion outside of being alittle old is he plays alittle upright because of his HT, but i think that can be corrected as coaches teach him how to get lower going forward.. Hes still not a finished product...

Certainly, doubt he will be there when we pick. Lots of people talk about his age; however, in the second round I'm not as concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I don't think it matters. Bodies start declining at 30 no matter what wear and tear they have.

Not like Ross was more durable because he didn't play as long

+ Reply to Thread