+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 224

Thread: Cruz skipping workouts..

  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You are such a ray of sunshine. What he did at Duke had nothing to do with the NFL or the Giants. He was playing catch with Eli, Nicks, and Murphy. The team would make him sign an injury waiver as a non-contract player. This phase of the program is nothing but strength and conditioning which he can do on his own. Coaches aren't even allowed to be present except for one S&C coach so in terms of what he's missing, very little
    Last week all we read was about how great it was Cruz was "working out with Eli and Nicks and Murphy" Now he was just playing catch? Geez give me a break.

  2. #52
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    98,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    Last week all we read was about how great it was Cruz was "working out with Eli and Nicks and Murphy" Now he was just playing catch? Geez give me a break.
    That's what he was doing and it had nothing to do with the NFL or Giants.

    What was "great" last week was that he was working with Eli. This phase has nothing to do with position skill sets.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 04-15-2013 at 04:50 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  3. #53
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    Last week all we read was about how great it was Cruz was "working out with Eli and Nicks and Murphy" Now he was just playing catch? Geez give me a break.
    And it was great that he was working with Eli, et al, as it helps with their chemistry. I sincerely doubt they were working on advanced concepts out there, particularly since the camp is for kids and as such they were doing things aimed to that audience.

    However, that situation had absolutely nothing to do with the NFL, the Giants, or his contract.

    This one does.

    Also, this part of the OTAs is essentially just working out in the weight room. Other than just being around your teammates, there's nothing that he can do there that he can't do somewhere else. He isn't missing any coaching or drills with Eli.

  4. #54
    He's not under contract. Why should he be participating in the workouts? lol. People have to work for free/volunteer to be on the Giants now?
    Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 04-15-2013 at 04:58 PM.

  5. #55
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    98,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I would have liked him to show up, but it's completely understandable that he didn't. And I find it hard to bear him ill will for it.
    I wish he'd sign the long term deal and expect him to do that at some point.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    That's what he was doing and it had nothing to do with the NFL or Giants.

    What was "great" last week was that he was working with Eli. This phase has nothing to do with position skill sets.
    The numerous descriptions last week was how great it was that they were working out, working on timing, evaluating where Murphy is ect ect. Now it 's Cruz met Eli at Duke for the benefit of kids and they were just playing catch. I don't have a doubt the benefit of children was involved but how did we go from working out and working on timing to just standing there playing catch? I never claimed Duke was Giants or NFL related. My point was the excuse of injury for not attending this week is lame since he risked injury last week at Duke. But I guess he didn't cause Cruz was running standing still patterns

  7. #57
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    98,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    The numerous descriptions last week was how great it was that they were working out, working on timing, evaluating where Murphy is ect ect. Now it 's Cruz met Eli at Duke for the benefit of kids and they were just playing catch. I don't have a doubt the benefit of children was involved but how did we go from working out and working on timing to just standing there playing catch? I never claimed Duke was Giants or NFL related. My point was the excuse of injury for not attending this week is lame since he risked injury last week at Duke. But I guess he didn't cause Cruz was running standing still patterns
    Cruz would have had to sign an injury waiver to participate at the TIMEX Performance Center. That would not be a smart thing for him to do at this point in time.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by DVision View Post
    Now I'm getting confused! Who's being sarcastic and who's not?
    People can also act sarcastic yet they ment what they say.

  9. #59
    Cruz did the right thing no matter what cause he is worry about his future.

  10. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Cruz would be ill advised to sign the injury waiver required of players not under contract.
    Agreed!
    Giants fan since '58

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts