+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Cruz skipping workouts..

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    I thought we kept Nixon and Hicks left?
    It does get confusing
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by wayoutwest View Post
    Everybody, There are already "fans" who are jumping up and down and screaming hard enough to cause brain damage if they have one.
    I can just imagine what it will be like If he were to miss camp.

Missing camp would definitely not help Cruz with his reputation. Hell it could possibly even cost him more in lost $$ through lost off field opportunities than it makes in contract $$$.

I know for me personally that is the bridge that I don't want to see him cross.
    Why assume he's going to miss camp? He's negotiating a contract for his livelihood and it could be the last time he gets the chance to get the best deal he can. So far, there has been no public acrimony. Fans see "ugly" under rocks. Cruz's endorsements rely on his playing football in many cases, not how he handles his contract negotiations which some think he is entitled to do.

This is an environment where the teams have all of the leverage in terms of releasing players at any point during the term of a contract. Tom Condon will get a deal done with Jerry Reese.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Banned
    The little dancer still refuses to report......he thinks he should be paid more than REAL number 1 WRs...time to move this clown and get a football player......the Giants don't need a dancing prima donna with Alligator arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligans View Post
    The little dancer still refuses to report......he thinks he should be paid more than REAL number 1 WRs...time to move this clown and get a football player......the Giants don't need a dancing prima donna with Alligator arms.
    Go into your mom's kitchen. Under the sink you'll probably find some nice shiney liquid to drink.. Hurrry....go fast!!
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You do realize this phase of training is ONLY strength and conditioning? No football allowed and no position coaches allowed.

Yeah I do realize that, but it is also for strength and conditioning and you know as well as I do, that he'd be there if there were no contract issues. The major theme of my post refers to his stubbornness in not signing a very fair and generous contract offer from the Giants. He wants 10 mil a year minimum, and he's not worth that.
    I've said it before and I'll keep on saying it......truly elite receivers don't drop passes the way Cruz still does.
    Sign the contract Victor!
    Last edited by bigblue58; 04-20-2013 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    Yeah I do realize that, but it is also for strength and conditioning and you know as well as I do, that he'd be there if there were no contract issues. The major theme of my post refers to his stubbornness in not signing a very fair and generous contract offer from the Giants. He wants 10 mil a year minimum, and he's not worth that.
    I've said it before and I'll keep on saying it......truly elite receivers don't drop passes the way Cruz still does.
    Sign the contract Victor!
    I agree with you. He is not worth 10 mil but 5 to 6 mil is right. That is a good contract for a player who is sarounded by othe talents that need to be signed.

Giants have a lot of needs and 10 even 7 mil is too much for one player. Football is not a one man show so sign contract Cruz.
    Last edited by Diamondring; 04-20-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    I thought we kept Nixon and Hicks left?
    OMG it's not Hicks.

It's Knicks. Jeez.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    Giants have a lot of needs and 10 even 7 mil is too much for one player. Football is not a one man show so sign contract Cruz.
    Just as well Chris Snee and Antrel Rolle count for a combined $20 million this year, then.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    OMG it's not Hicks.

It's Knicks. Jeez.
    I hope they draft "ha ha" dix. that would be fun.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    I agree with you. He is not worth 10 mil but 5 to 6 mil is right. That is a good contract for a player who is sarounded by othe talents that need to be signed.

So are you saying we should dump Eli too? How about Nicks when his contract is renewed next year?

+ Reply to Thread