+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Yeah......that post was dripping with sarcasm.
    I know. Just being a smartass.

That's a good point.....I'd like to get confirmation on this point. This aint CNN.
    Just tweeted a couple of beat writers. Let's see if they answer.

If that's the case it will be a long Summer of stupid Cruz hater threads.
    Indeed. This is one of those situations where I can't get upset with the player... Until camp. And even then, so long as progress is being made and he doesn't miss too much time, then it won't be too upsetting. Cruz was an ultimate value the past 2 years, I can't blame him for trying to get his. I also can't blame the Giants for not wanting to pay more than they think he's worth. At the end of the proverbial day, something will get worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    The draft will create a lot of confrontation lol
    WTF IS REECE DOING?? WHY DIDN'T WE TAKE A LB?!?!?!!!!???? WE SHOULD HAVE TAKEN TRADED UP TO TAKE OGELTRE!!!! WE'LL BE LUKY TO GO 4-11!!!!21!!11!! REECE YOU MORON!!

I'm expecting at least 10 of those threads next Thursday night, including the misspellings.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    WTF IS REECE DOING?? WHY DIDN'T WE TAKE A LB?!?!?!!!!???? WE SHOULD HAVE TAKEN TRADED UP TO TAKE OGELTRE. REECE YOU MORON!!

I'm expecting at least 10 of those threads next Thursday night, including the misspellings.
    The silver lining, no room for Cruz threads lol
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Just tweeted a couple of beat writers. Let's see if they answer.
    Art Stapleton said he can't get fined if he holds out, but the Giants could reduce the tender value to the 110% of last year's salary. I believe that number is around $650k... Essentially a $2.2m fine.

Art Stapleton said he can't get fined if he holds out, but the Giants could reduce the tender value to the 110% of last year's salary. I believe that number is around $650k... Essentially a $2.2m fine.
    While I wouldn't be shocked if he held out, I would be surprised. Condon only has so many cards to play and, as I see it, the tender would make the most sense if they can't get from Reese whatever they think is fair market value. The biggest problem with the tender is ZERO guarantee. So why not negotiate a 2 - 3 year deal and hit UFA while he is still young enough to get another shot at the brass ring?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Banned
    The best thing would be for some other team put in a claim for him tomorrow, as the a giants would leap for the 1st round pick. Keep your fingers crossed and hope some team takes this head case off the Giant's problem list PLUS get an additional 1st round pick!

Yikes, this just gets better...NOT!

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2094041

Nicks is not getting $12m. Ugh!
    Last edited by AllHailEli; 04-18-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    Yikes, this just gets better...NOT!

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2094041
    This is all part of the negotiation strategy. Reese is known for not overpaying and he's penciling in his line in the samd. He and Condon will get one of the deals on the table done.