+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    Yikes, this just gets better...NOT!

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2094041

Nicks is not getting $12m. Ugh!
    Good Article and it sounds like Reese it getting ready to move on without Cruz if he isn't signed by the draft.....and he won't be. We can still hope some team rushes in tomorrow and gives the Giants a first round pick, then they can try to sign the dancing slot receiver who thinks he should get "Mike Wallace" money.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    This is all part of the negotiation strategy. Reese is known for not overpaying and he's penciling in his line in the samd. He and Condon will get one of the deals on the table done.
    He sure is, Reese made it clear he is ready to move on now that Cruz is holding out.....good move by Reese.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligans View Post
    Good Article and it sounds like Reese it getting ready to move on without Cruz if he isn't signed by the draft.....and he won't be. We can still hope some team rushes in tomorrow and gives the Giants a first round pick, then they can try to sign the dancing slot receiver who thinks he should get "Mike Wallace" money.
    You read not so good, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Art Stapleton said he can't get fined if he holds out, but the Giants could reduce the tender value to the 110% of last year's salary. I believe that number is around $650k... Essentially a $2.2m fine.
    Wow....Thanks. Holding out would piss me off enough to turn my back on him,,,,,,but I don't believe he will. It had to open his eyes a little bit to see no one step up and offer him better. He belongs here, and he knows it.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Wow....Thanks. Holding out would piss me off enough to turn my back on him,,,,,,but I don't believe he will. It had to open his eyes a little bit to see no one step up and offer him better. He belongs here, and he knows it.
    Technically, we can reduce the tender on June 11 (or somewhere around there). I really don't see us doing that unless things get uuugggglllyyyyy. If he misses out on the first few days of camp because they're pounding out the final details, I won't be too upset. But, if it's contentious I will definitely lose some respect for Cruz.

And it isn't even like no one would want Cruz. No one wants to part with a 1 and then give Cruz a contract. Look at Wallace. He didn't get any bites as a RFA, but then got a $12m/yr contract.

Banned
    Good to see that Reese isn't waiting on Cruz any longer....the Giants have been more than patient with him and have tried to negotiate in good faith for over 8 months......and he just blows them off. It's time to move on now and it is clear by Reese's answers that he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Lol, do you know what terrets is?
    Do you know what superiority complex is?

Because both terms in their context were used just as poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligans View Post
    Good to see that Reese isn't waiting on Cruz any longer....the Giants have been more than patient with him and have tried to negotiate in good faith for over 8 months......and he just blows them off. It's time to move on now and it is clear by Reese's answers that he is.
    You aren't very good at reading, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Technically, we can reduce the tender on June 11 (or somewhere around there). I really don't see us doing that unless things get uuugggglllyyyyy. If he misses out on the first few days of camp because they're pounding out the final details, I won't be too upset. But, if it's contentious I will definitely lose some respect for Cruz.

And it isn't even like no one would want Cruz. No one wants to part with a 1 and then give Cruz a contract. Look at Wallace. He didn't get any bites as a RFA, but then got a $12m/yr contract.
    I think it's June 17th and I agree they probably won't reduce it "just because they can." While Cruz's options are few, they aren't non-existent. Holding out, it seems to me, would not be productive. If it comes to that, I would rather they agree to the tender and get the team to agree not to apply the franchise tag in 2014.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I think it's June 17th and I agree they probably won't reduce it "just because they can." While Cruz's options are few, they aren't non-existent. Holding out, it seems to me, would not be productive. If it comes to that, I would rather they agree to the tender and get the team to agree not to apply the franchise tag in 2014.
    Can't argue with that.