+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Up to date Prospect list of guys we've showed intrest in so far...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ya, assuming hes healthy, the guy can play. I think he projects better to the pros then Dion Lewis did, and to me, hes the best gain the hard yardage back between all the former pitt back of recent yrs(graham, lewis, shady).. To be honest, i could see Graham become a feature back in the NFL.. Games like he had at Notre Dame where he displayed every aspect of a feature NFL back against a future NFL dline, a 1st rd MLB in Te'o, and a future backup S in Zeke Motta was remarkable.. He almost single handedly beat a team that ended up playing in the champ game..

He also ended the regular season against Rut and S.fla, 2 stout college defenses by combining for 207rush yrds on 49carries 3td and caught 5balls for another 50yrds, and pitt won both games..
    I've been waiting to see a replay of that Pitt/Irish game forever.

Trent Steelman is interesting, 4 yr starter at QB at Army and had a ton of rushing yards. He is probably going to be a WR in the league but he could be someone who could somewhat simulate to an extent the RG3 read option in practice because Army runs a ton of option. Mayock was saying he was really impressed with his hands as well. He reminds him a lot of Julian Edelman.

Another interesting thing that I noticed is there are really not many early round guys in there besides Warmack, Te'o, Greene. I kind of find it interesting that the majority of the guys on the list are late round/FA guys. From that I can see 2 DE's (mid/late rounder in Smith and I am guessing late/FA in Catapano) and 1 CB maybe I missed one who is a late rounder as well. Those are two positions that we tend to take very early in the draft if we take one.. positions like LB, OL, TE, WR, are mid/late/FA round guys pretty much in this list and make up the majority of the list. These are positions that we typically where we take those positions when drafting (WR we have picked early but not much need this year to use an early pick) I just kind of find it interesting because it kind of seems like during the middle rounds again we might go LB,OL,DT, etc.. which we kind of see repeatedly during the drafts as of late. The list kind of gives me the idea that we might be going CB,DE pretty early and draft OL/LB later unless one of our bigger name guys are on the board like Te'o (hopefully 2nd if at all haha) Warmack (doubtful but I would be pumped) Khaseem Greene (I think will be there round 2)

I do not know if previous visit lists have looked like this when we drafted CB,DE,RB,WR early and had not many of guys who were middle round prospects in those positions or if it is just this year. I just kind of think that the people who are hoping for someone like Olgetree or a LB in the first it probably won't happen because we usually stay away from early LB's and this list kind of supports the fact that we probably will go RB late, WR late or FA which we usually bring in quite a few UDFA WR's to camp, TE middle to late rounds, OL middle to late unless someone falls (Warmack), CB early if we choose one, S mid to late, LB mid to late unless Te'o/Greene are BPA, and DE early if we pick one.

I don't know that is kind of how I looked at the list. You guys might be looking at it in a completely different way than I am but I was just kind of looking at the positions are projections and getting kind of an average to where positions on this list were projected to go and kind of compared that to recent drafts.

I would not mind having my boy Fragel in blue next year. Go Buckeyes !
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    I would not mind having my boy Fragel in blue next year. Go Buckeyes !
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    +1
    He is solid all around, pass and run blocking. And he plays with a mean streak, tough as nails.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

+ Reply to Thread