+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Carter Mock 8.0 (final)

1st- Bjoern Werner, DE FSU.. this is my horse, will make a nice duo with JPP.. great motor

2nd- Jonathon Banks, CB Miss St.. slips to the 2nd after a poor combine, I'll gladly take him

3rd- Jon Bostic, ILB Florida.. late riser, a lot of WLBs in this draft.. Bostic is a true ILB

4th- Brian Winters, G Kent St.. this guy just seems like a Giant

5th- Reid Fragel, OT Ohio St.. another late riser, converted TE should challenge for RT spot

6th- Earl Wolff, S NC St.. great leader, big fan of Wolff

7th- Connor Vernon, WR Duke.. crafty route runner, I hope he still there in the 7th

7th- Miguel Maysonet, RB Stony Brook.. linked to the Giants a lot, good RB depth here
    Last edited by Carter.525; 04-16-2013 at 12:00 AM.

Of all the mock drafts to date this is the one I like the most. Sign me in.
    That been said I still have a second and last mock draft this coming days.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    Of all the mock drafts to date this is the one I like the most. Sign me in.That been said I still have a second and last mock draft this coming days.
    thank you kind sir..

I cannot argue with this mock at all except that I would be surprised if certain players fell to where you have us taking them.

Banks will fall from his previous rankings but I would still be surprised if he made it to our 2nd round pick. His tape is better than that, despite his poor combine. But, it isn't impossible, so I cant knock you for it.

I also think the word is out on Earl Wolff and Miguel Maysonet. Where you have them is where they were once rated. For Earl, he lit up the combine and made people look at his tape more. That isn't good news for his 6th round status because his tape is better than most were thinking(in my opinion.) Even prior to his workout I questions scouts sanity about that 6thish rating.

Maysonet reportedly had a very strong pro day with 23 teams visible and numberous teams(including us) have had him in for private workouts. That is way too much interest for a 7th round pick. At this point, I believe Maysonet is a 5th round prospect at worst. I also wouldn't be surprised if someone took a real flyer on him way earlier than we expect.

But, we have similar taste in players because I like all the guys you want for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    1st- Bjoern Werner, DE FSU.. this is my horse, will make a nice duo with JPP.. great motor

2nd- Jonathon Banks, CB Miss St.. slips to the 2nd after a poor combine, I'll gladly take him

3rd- Jon Bostic, ILB Florida.. late riser, a lot of WLBs in this draft.. Bostic is a true ILB

5th- Reid Fragel, OT Ohio St.. another late riser, converted TE should challenge for RT spot

7th- Connor Vernon, WR Duke.. crafty route runner, I hope he still there in the 7th

7th- Miguel Maysonet, RB Stony Brook.. linked to the Giants a lot, good RB depth here
    I like this Mock a lot (although the first two picks depend on players falling).

is Bjorn Werner that sick?!

I read someone on these boards compare him to a "poor man's Kyle VandenBosh" or however you spell his last name.

I have not really watched highlights of the dude at all...

Quote Originally Posted by giantscolombia View Post
    is Bjorn Werner that sick?!

I read someone on these boards compare him to a "poor man's Kyle VandenBosh" or however you spell his last name.

I have not really watched highlights of the dude at all...
    He's not as eye popping as his hype may lend you to believe but he's probably the most solid and NFL ready LDE (strong side) in the draft. Sets the edge, anchors and can rush the passer equally well. Ezekial Ansah is stealing a lot of thunder between a really sick Combine and all of the JPP comparisons (although he's not nearly the athletic freak JPP is).

This doesn't include the tweeners and 3-4 guys such as Dion Jordan and Datone Jones.

Just to give you a bit of history ... Werner has been the highest rated 4-3 DE in the draft up until the Combine and Ansah who was originally rated as a high second round pick is now considered the highest rated 4-3 DE (his stock has only gone up since the end of the 2013 college season).

The likelihood is both Ansah and Werner are long gone by the time we pick though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    He's not as eye popping as his hype may lend you to believe but he's probably the most solid and NFL ready LDE (strong side) in the draft. Sets the edge, anchors and can rush the passer equally well. Ezekial Ansah is stealing a lot of thunder between a really sick Combine and all of the JPP comparisons (although he's not nearly the athletic freak JPP is).

This doesn't include the tweeners and 3-4 guys such as Dion Jordan and Datone Jones.

Just to give you a bit of history ... Werner has been the highest rated 4-3 DE in the draft up until the Combine and Ansah who was originally rated as a high second round pick is now considered the highest rated 4-3 DE (his stock has only gone up since the end of the 2013 college season).

The likelihood is both Ansah and Werner are long gone by the time we pick though.
    Thanks bro! this actually explains it really well. The way people exaggerate about him and how much they want him, i figured he was the next JPP...

I guess with your explanation in mind, i wouldnt mind him dropping to us. the whole setting the edge thing is really important considering last season we needed someone who could do that consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post

love the Mock. would be pumped with your first 4 picks jsut straight value across the board. I think your two 7th round picks will be gone though. their hype train is rolling and see them going 4-6th range

great mock tons of value there
    FUTURE NFL STAR

2014 season
    23 rushes for 255yards 3td
    39 pancake blocks
    50 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 & 10/26 )
    9-0-1 record///// invited to play in tiny mite bowl and beat the team we tied in regular season
    youtube (youth football Iselin Giants and look for video that's 4 mins 19sec)