+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: I would trade down ... get more picks since we have more than 1 need RT-DE-CB-S, etc.

  1. #11
    Veteran myles2424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    4,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    This draft we don't have a definitive *need*.

    While we could use some perceived help at a few positions, the positions in question are covered (i.e. MLB, RT, etc ...).

    We definitely have no need at all of defensive secondary. I think we may go with a CB this draft because it's deep in CBs and we'll look to replace either Ross (this year) or CWeb (next year).

    Right Tackle and MLB are the biggest question marks in my mind. Physically we have them answered with Brewer/DD (RT) and Connor/Herzlich (MLB) but I think there are big concerns there (at least from the fan base).

    Reese isn't a trade-savvy GM (at least to date) so I don't see us trading back for more picks. I wouldn't mind trading out of the first and picking Brown up as our first pick in the second round and getting a few more picks out of the deal but historically speaking, that's not likely to happen (both us trading back and picking an MLB with our first pick).
    We definetly do have defensive needs....if I'm not mistaken, assuming kiwi is back at DE & the season started tomorrow, we don't even have enough LBs(5).....there's spots up for grabs at cb,lb,de,DT..

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    We definetly do have defensive needs....if I'm not mistaken, assuming kiwi is back at DE & the season started tomorrow, we don't even have enough LBs(5).....there's spots up for grabs at cb,lb,de,DT..
    LB: Herz, Connor, JWill, Paysinger, Rivers, Muasau ... we have LBers. Starters would most likely be Rivers (SAM), Connor (MIKE) and JWill (WILL).

    CB: CWeb, Prince, Hosely, Ross (we have CBs)

    Safeties: Rolle, Brown, Hill, T2 (we have Safeties).

    DE: Kiwi, JPP, Tuck, Tracy, Ojomo (we have DEs)

    DT: Joseph, Jenkins, Rogers, Patterson, Kuhn and Austin (we have DTs)

    There isn't a NEED on the defense.

    However there are positions we can easily upgrade ... MLB probably being most notable. CB is also an area they may want to jump on in anticipation of replacing CWeb next year (and for depth). You could say the same thing about Safety and Rolle and/or Brown. DE you could also make an argument for (and where I think the Giants will go early) with Tuck.

    None of them being needs ... but wants. Puts us in a really nice position actually.

  3. #13
    Veteran myles2424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    4,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    LB: Herz, Connor, JWill, Paysinger, Rivers, Muasau ... we have LBers. Starters would most likely be Rivers (SAM), Connor (MIKE) and JWill (WILL).

    CB: CWeb, Prince, Hosely, Ross (we have CBs)

    Safeties: Rolle, Brown, Hill, T2 (we have Safeties).

    DE: Kiwi, JPP, Tuck, Tracy, Ojomo (we have DEs)

    DT: Joseph, Jenkins, Rogers, Patterson, Kuhn and Austin (we have DTs)

    There isn't a NEED on the defense.

    However there are positions we can easily upgrade ... MLB probably being most notable. CB is also an area they may want to jump on in anticipation of replacing CWeb next year (and for depth). You could say the same thing about Safety and Rolle and/or Brown. DE you could also make an argument for (and where I think the Giants will go early) with Tuck.

    None of them being needs ... but wants. Puts us in a really nice position actually.
    We have lbs,but they're just not that good...Williams is the best & on top of that every single one of them can't stay healthy....
    We have CBs, but only one of them was worth a damn....
    We have DEs but none of them were worth a damn....
    We have DTs,but none of them could stop the run & got zero pressure....

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    We have lbs,but they're just not that good...Williams is the best & on top of that every single one of them can't stay healthy....
    We have CBs, but only one of them was worth a damn....
    We have DEs but none of them were worth a damn....
    We have DTs,but none of them could stop the run & got zero pressure....
    This is what makes me think JR is just going to go BPA. He used free agency to get cheap plugs across the board so that he can just draft for the talent alone, rather than pure need. Yes we can easily upgrade, but the bodies are there in the positions. Either BPA, or, as I'm REALLY hoping, an OL.
    Andre the Giant


  5. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,795
    We have no pure edge rusher on this team. The most important asset to have on defense. How is that not a need?

  6. #16
    All-Pro G-Men Surg.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Down south In Cowturd country
    Posts
    10,450
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    You beat me too it, I was going to post the same thing. With that last pick we can take a CB like Amerson from NC State, go ol in the second and Kyle Long or Larry Warford or Menelik Watson. Then in the 3rd get Jon Bostic MLB FL or and I may be dreaming here, DJ Swearinger South Carolina.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    This draft we don't have a definitive *need*.

    While we could use some perceived help at a few positions, the positions in question are covered (i.e. MLB, RT, etc ...).

    We definitely have no need at all of defensive secondary. I think we may go with a CB this draft because it's deep in CBs and we'll look to replace either Ross (this year) or CWeb (next year).

    Right Tackle and MLB are the biggest question marks in my mind. Physically we have them answered with Brewer/DD (RT) and Connor/Herzlich (MLB) but I think there are big concerns there (at least from the fan base).

    Reese isn't a trade-savvy GM (at least to date) so I don't see us trading back for more picks. I wouldn't mind trading out of the first and picking Brown up as our first pick in the second round and getting a few more picks out of the deal but historically speaking, that's not likely to happen (both us trading back and picking an MLB with our first pick).
    I think Pass rusher is a definitive need the Giants couldnt get to the QB last year. The Giants won 2 Super Bowls with different offenses the only constant was having a rotation of elite DE's. Those DE's have gotten old. If they want to get this defense going again they must add another pass rusher. This is more about next year 2. I would go up and get Mingo if it was up to me.

  9. #19
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,703
    WEll not to mention, outside of a pass rusher, which is a clear need seeing how we didn't have anyone with what, 7sacks last yr?, is MLB, where sure we got Dan Connor and Mark Herzlich, but the problem is, Herzlich has shown nothing, and Connor is a fringe player at best, albeit, i think he fits what we like to do well, and will be a solid player for us, ala Danny Clark(i realize he was strongside, just saying), but my point is, just because we have bodies, don't mean those bodies are good and the positon is not a need..

  10. #20
    Veteran TAILGATIN''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Posts
    1,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    LB: Herz, Connor, JWill, Paysinger, Rivers, Muasau ... we have LBers. Starters would most likely be Rivers (SAM), Connor (MIKE) and JWill (WILL).

    CB: CWeb, Prince, Hosely, Ross (we have CBs)

    Safeties: Rolle, Brown, Hill, T2 (we have Safeties).

    DE: Kiwi, JPP, Tuck, Tracy, Ojomo (we have DEs)

    DT: Joseph, Jenkins, Rogers, Patterson, Kuhn and Austin (we have DTs)

    There isn't a NEED on the defense.

    .
    No need? You just listed it! That list is the problem.. it scares the cr@p outta me. I count maybe 5 players on it I trust to perform.

    "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts