+ Reply to Thread

How will Kiwi's move to DE impact our draft?

With Kiwanuka taking a more permanent role at DE, do you think the FO might be more willing to look elsewhere in round 1? It's beginning to look likely that BPA will be someone in the trenches, or maybe a CB. Do you think the Giants will take a DE in the first, even though they have 3 guys who (at least in theory) should be starting? Or will we reach for a need?

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    How would anyone know what BPA looks like now? No ones made a pick yet. I dont think its set in stone that Kiwi goes DE yet. I would think they'd make a definite decision post draft and during camp. I have no clue what they'll do but you gotta figure tucks gettin older, osi is gone, and kiwi could be a ? where he plays. JPP is the only stud w gas in the tank, or at least thats what I saw last season n even he had a par year.
    Last edited by TAILGATIN'; 04-18-2013 at 09:11 PM.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by tuck&rolle View Post
    With Kiwanuka taking a more permanent role at DE, do you think the FO might be more willing to look elsewhere in round 1? It's beginning to look likely that BPA will be someone in the trenches, or maybe a CB. Do you think the Giants will take a DE in the first, even though they have 3 guys who (at least in theory) should be starting? Or will we reach for a need?
    I doubt it'll have any effect on how they draft. Kiwi going back to DE was a given when Osi left IMO. Tuck is in a make or break year being an UFA in 2014. The Giants usually draft for the season after so taking a DE could make a lot of sense considering Tuck is no guarantee to be on the roster next year. Even if they re-sign Tuck, him Kiwi are not exactly getting younger either.