+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 97

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,217

    Could Warmacks stock be falling?

    I've said a few times this past wk or 2 when people around here were so sure that Warmack would not make it to us that we just seen as higly touted G that was supposed to go in the top 15 drop to 24 with Decastro, so its not outta the realm of possiblities, and now there this report, albeit from Walterfootballs site, which some of u don't like and respect as much as i do, but his info, is per ADAM SCHEFTER... Either way, heres what he has to say, as Warmack was on his stock down this wk...

    Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
    It shows how unsettled the 2013 draft class is when a player who some have touted as best football player available has his stock falling two weeks prior to the draft for no off-the-field reason. That is the case with Warmack as ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that Warmack could fall to the 18th pick or lower. There are many teams that reportedly prefer North Carolina guard Jonathan Cooper because of his rare athleticism and ability to play center.

    Given where guards typically go in the draft, it isn't out of the realm of possibility for Warmack to go in the back half of the first round. Last year many thought Stanford guard David DeCastro would be selected in the top 16 but he fell into the 20s.

    Warmack (6-2, 315) is a great run-blocker and pass-protector, but he isn't considered to have the flexibility to play center or tackle. Warmack could be in store for a draft day slide, but it is hard to see him escaping the top 20 because of three teams that need guards - Dallas, New York and Chicago - selecting 18-20.

  2. #2
    All-Pro Carter.525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Omaha!, NJ
    Posts
    8,782

  3. #3
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,217
    I always thought there was..

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I always thought there was..
    huh? i rememeber u stating warmack and cooper would both be gone by our pick several times a month or so ago.

    I have always maintained that 1 of Cooper/Warmack/Johnson would fall to us from jump street. thats the only reason why i recall ^, bc at first, no one was agreeing with me.

  5. #5
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,217
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    huh? i rememeber u stating warmack and cooper would both be gone by our pick several times a month or so ago.

    I have always maintained that 1 of Cooper/Warmack/Johnson would fall to us from jump street. thats the only reason why i recall ^, bc at first, no one was agreeing with me.
    Maybe awhile back i said something like that, but like i said, i've been saying this for awhile.. Meaning i've changed my mind long ago, and thought these guys could drop because of there positon, and i don't love the value of a G at 19.. Albeit, there both good prospects so i'd be happy to have a good player, and woulden't dog the pick, but i most certainly have said these guys could drop becuase we seen it with decastro and the positon dosen't hold alot of importance in the 1st rd as other positons...

  6. #6
    What's called "falling" is him just landing where he's supposed to.

  7. #7
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,217
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    What's called "falling" is him just landing where he's supposed to.
    Uh, most had em not making it to us or even past Tennesee for that matter, and some had em going in the top 10 as well.. There isn't a mock out there that has em making it to our pick to be honest, so how agian is this dropping where he was supposed to?

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    589
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Uh, most had em not making it to us or even past Tennesee for that matter, and some had em going in the top 10 as well.. There isn't a mock out there that has em making it to our pick to be honest, so how agian is this dropping where he was supposed to?
    Cool and of those mocks how many of them work for NFL front office people? No guard has been drafted in the top 10 since 1997 which has some pretty stupid teams in that timespan. Yet even the dumb ones know to not do that so please tell me why it's a good idea to draft a guard in the top 10 selections.

  9. #9
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Cool and of those mocks how many of them work for NFL front office people? No guard has been drafted in the top 10 since 1997 which has some pretty stupid teams in that timespan. Yet even the dumb ones know to not do that so please tell me why it's a good idea to draft a guard in the top 10 selections.
    Its not a good idea.. I disagree with it completely.. I think the values bad at 19..

  10. #10
    Because media mocks have always been the accurate measure of what actually happens and how teams truly value players? #18 is still a good position for him in which there are plenty of mocks that had him going including Walter Cherpinsky.
    Last edited by penguinfarmer; 04-16-2013 at 07:49 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts