+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Could Warmacks stock be falling?

Could Warmacks stock be falling?

I've said a few times this past wk or 2 when people around here were so sure that Warmack would not make it to us that we just seen as higly touted G that was supposed to go in the top 15 drop to 24 with Decastro, so its not outta the realm of possiblities, and now there this report, albeit from Walterfootballs site, which some of u don't like and respect as much as i do, but his info, is per ADAM SCHEFTER... Either way, heres what he has to say, as Warmack was on his stock down this wk...

Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
    It shows how unsettled the 2013 draft class is when a player who some have touted as best football player available has his stock falling two weeks prior to the draft for no off-the-field reason. That is the case with Warmack as ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that Warmack could fall to the 18th pick or lower. There are many teams that reportedly prefer North Carolina guard Jonathan Cooper because of his rare athleticism and ability to play center.

Given where guards typically go in the draft, it isn't out of the realm of possibility for Warmack to go in the back half of the first round. Last year many thought Stanford guard David DeCastro would be selected in the top 16 but he fell into the 20s.

Warmack (6-2, 315) is a great run-blocker and pass-protector, but he isn't considered to have the flexibility to play center or tackle. Warmack could be in store for a draft day slide, but it is hard to see him escaping the top 20 because of three teams that need guards - Dallas, New York and Chicago - selecting 18-20.

I always thought there was..

What's called "falling" is him just landing where he's supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    What's called "falling" is him just landing where he's supposed to.
    Uh, most had em not making it to us or even past Tennesee for that matter, and some had em going in the top 10 as well.. There isn't a mock out there that has em making it to our pick to be honest, so how agian is this dropping where he was supposed to?

Because media mocks have always been the accurate measure of what actually happens and how teams truly value players? #18 is still a good position for him in which there are plenty of mocks that had him going including Walter Cherpinsky.
    Last edited by penguinfarmer; 04-16-2013 at 07:49 AM.

I hope Warmack is still there at #19.. just don't see him getting past Dallas

Anything is possible and OG is definitely one of the least sexy first round picks (especially inside the Top 20).

On average over the past two decades, only one OG is taken in the Top 20.

However I will say that the Giants have passed on a Top 20 OG that has slid (Glenn, Iupati, etc ...) so many times that, historically speaking, it's unlikely that we take Warmack even if he does fall (although I wouldn't mind if we did ... we definitely need the help).

Right. It shouldn't come as a surprise if he "falls". It's not an indictment on Warmack as a player, but rather the position.

You can't fault teams 1-15, who are typically there because of their lack of talent, to pass on a guard. Even the tenth best passrusher or CB in the entire league will have a larger impact over the course of the game than a single All-Pro interior lineman. It's just the nature of the position.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Anything is possible and OG is definitely one of the least sexy first round picks (especially inside the Top 20).

On average over the past two decades, only one OG is taken in the Top 20.

However I will say that the Giants have passed on a Top 20 OG that has slid (Glenn, Iupati, etc ...) so many times that, historically speaking, it's unlikely that we take Warmack even if he does fall (although I wouldn't mind if we did ... we definitely need the help).
    Pouncey (Miami)??

+ Reply to Thread