+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Could Warmacks stock be falling?

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Versatility is the key.. Warmack is strickly a Guard, and the Pouncey bros both can play C and G, just like people project cooper to be able to do..
    That isn't necessarily true ... ala Cordy Glenn last year.

Most of this is draft day media buzz (happens every year). Warmack has been the #1 rated OG consistently up until this week. What changed this week? Nothing.

Having said that, either Cooper or Warmack have a distinct chance of falling into the second half of the first round. Will the Giants grab one or the other if available? Should they?

Questions for the ages!

(or at least the next week and a half)

The premise of this entire thread is the idea of Warmack being available for the Giants is something new that has just now unraveled within the past 2 weeks. My stance was that it wasn't, which was actually in agreement with your first sentence of the original post.

Your following rebuttal then rests on the writ of the media as if they are an accurate representation of what actually happens in the draft. History shows that they're not.

So convinetly u find the one CBS Draft guru out of how many thats got him going around about that time??lol Kirwin has em going 8th, Brugler 10th, and Rang 12th...

Everyone almost has had em going in the top 15, and almost everyone on here pretty much agreed, hence almost everyone on here thinking there was no chance the giants were gonna get a chance to get em and would have to trade up if they wanted em...
    I think you're proving my point in that the media is far from an accurate measure of where Warmack is supposed to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Cordy Glenn was the highest 5 position rated OL in last years draft. He has played all positions on the OL and was considered NFL ready at all positions, with LT being his prime spot (making him MORE not LESS valuable).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordy_Glenn

The question mark with Glenn was if he could translate as an OT in the NFL (he was considered an OG first) which is why he slipped.

His feet, size, and ability to move at his size had most thinking T, at least ones i talk to on these boards, like Redeye and Santa.. We all thought Glenn was not a Guard, and Redeye and I were completely bummed we didn't take em last yr, and not becasue we thought he was gonna be a Guard, so its no surprise to us hes playing outstanding at LT, and looks to be a future probowler at the positon for yrs to come..

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    I think you're proving my point in that the media is far from an accurate measure of where Warmack was supposed to go.
    What??lol So, how can u say where he is or was supposed to go if ur not going with the draft gurus around the web then, do u have connections with GM's no one knows about?

What??lol So, how can u say where he is or was supposed to go if ur not going with the draft gurus around the web then, do u have connections with GM's no one knows about?
    My reasoning was exactly what was quoted by you in original post as to why people believe Warmack "could fall". It says nothing about Schefter's leads or insider information, but rests on history and the fact of positional value in regards to a guard. That explanation of Schefter applied in January as it does in April leading up to the draft. Are you deliberately trying to be this dense?

When Adam Shefter reports, i listen.. Why? Becuase hes the best NFLINSIDER there is, and gets his info from actual sources inside team FO's... Hes not just some draft guy, hes a NFL guy, that is first to report almost anythign that is worth a snot when it comes to NFL,period..Forget the draft, hes as close to bible as it comes with NFL news..

Bro, its not worth arguing with a proffesional sports analyst....

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    My reasoning was exactly what was quoted by you in original post as to why people believe Warmack "could fall". It says nothing about Schefter's leads or insider information, but rests on history and the fact of positional value in regards to a guard. That explanation of Schefter applied in January as it does in April leading up to the draft. Are you deliberately trying to be this dense?
    I still can't understand what ur even trying to say? Are u just trying to debate something thats not even a debate?

I don't have childrens blocks to spell this out any easier for you.. I'll try once more.. Chance Warmack has been projected by most to go in the top 15, which u cant' deny.. Adam Shefter is reporting that he could slide becsaue teams prefer COoper more becasue his athletic ability and ability to slide inside to center as well..

What are u trying to debate???

Quote Originally Posted by giantscolombia View Post
    Bro, its not worth arguing with a proffesional sports analyst....
    I honestly don't even know what hes debating or arguing about to be honest???lol Its pretty simple stuff.. Most reports and mocks and big boards have Warmack going in the top 15.. Ok, now moving on.. Adam Shefter is reporting that Warmack could drop further then that and into the 18-20 or further range becasue teams are seemingly coveting Cooper more because of his atheltic ability and versatility.. End of story..llol So, wheres the debate about that? Its simply a report from a NFLINSDIER, theres nothing to debate..lol Either hes right or wrong, and we won't know untill draft day...

+ Reply to Thread