+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Could Warmacks stock be falling?

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    Uuuhh, guys that are protected 2nd round picks that do nothing but help themselves, such as a good senior bowl / combine, usually become 1st rounders....that's how it works....the original 1st round guys that increase their stock go higher than originally thought (ansah,Jordan,milliner,Floyd) while the others that hurt theirs, slide (Moore,jones,Allen,Teo,Montgomery)
    You can throw Rhodes into the "helped themselves" category with his combine. He was a projected early 2nd rounder. A couple months ago a lot of people on these boards scoffed at him as a potential 1st rounder, copy pasting what some scouts(including Mayock) wrote questioning his speed. He put that to rest with his 4.4.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    You can throw Rhodes into the "helped themselves" category with his combine. He was a projected early 2nd rounder. A couple months ago a lot of people on these boards scoffed at him as a potential 1st rounder, copy pasting what some scouts(including Mayock) wrote questioning his speed. He put that to rest with his 4.4.
    Rhodes is definetly in the mix for my ideal pick, but I think he'll be one of those guys that goes way higher than people expect.....after milliner, a team may get desperate around 10-15

rhodes has good straight line speed. which is nice. but lateral quickness is also paramount and he can look stiff in that regard. plus he has little instinct

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    rhodes has good straight line speed. which is nice. but lateral quickness is also paramount and he can look stiff in that regard. plus he has little instinct

I am ok with questioning his instincts to play zone defensive schemes. He isn't as comfortable there. But, he is as instinctive a man corner as can be.

and, if you have to choose which you would rather a guy have more experience at coming out of college, it would certainly be man.

true. but what say you about my other point. sure, straight line speed hes solid. but lateral movement he's stiff. that hurts u unless ur playing randy moss running a 9 route every snap...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I disagree since last season the uncanny X-man shut down Michael Floyd of Notre Dame, and most broadcasters were raving about him and his technique. He was my first choice before the combine, but looking back he would of been a steal at 19, though he is not great against the run. He can definitely shut down opponents receivers, hoping he falls to 19, but most likely taken in that 10-15 range.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    true. but what say you about my other point. sure, straight line speed hes solid. but lateral movement he's stiff. that hurts u unless ur playing randy moss running a 9 route every snap...
    Well, Lateral quickness is typically not something that makes or breaks a CB. That is a RB/ LB trait, even a OL trait. Are you referring to his ability to get in and out of breaks? In other words his quickness and ability to stay with the smaller quicker guys? If that is what you mean then I would say his fastest among Dbs 10 yard split at the combine doesn't agree with that notion.

I do agree that he isn't as suited to cover those smaller quicker guys if he was only to rely on his quickness. But, he doesn't. He obliterates smaller wrs at the line of scrimmage and in the 1st 5 yards of every route. Still if he was playing against us, he is guy who you would put on Nicks moreso than Cruz. He is also the longest WR in the draft at 6'2 with 33.7 inch long arms. That is unheard of in the NFL. So when guys do get a step his length helps keep the ball out of their hands. He was very good at knocking it of WRs hands. But when you throw in the fact that he also had the best vertical leap(tied) of any DB then you have a guy who is perfectly suited to cover big strong fast wrs down the field and go up and knock down or take away passes.

Athletically, I do not see how anyone can knock him after the combine he had. My concern with him is his previous knee injury and his lack of experience playing zone. It seems a lot of people are ignoring that knee when it should hurt his stock some. But, no prospect is perfect.

+ Reply to Thread