+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Could Warmacks stock be falling?

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Pouncey (Miami)??
    Yeah I include Centers as OG.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Because media mocks have always been the accurate measure of what actually happens and how teams truly value players? #18 is still a good position for him in which there are plenty of mocks that had him going including Walter Cherpinsky.
    Actually Walt has em going 20th if u wanna be completely accurate and if u read his reason why, he straight up says hes had em going much earlier in his prior god knows how many mocks, but finally started thinking about David Decastro more and how he slipped to 24 despite all the people in the world having him going much earlier... There for, he has em "SLIPPING" to pick 20, ya dig??lol

Chicago Bears: Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
    I've been slotting the two guards much earlier than this, but I'm starting to rethink things. David DeCastro slipped to No. 24 last year for some reason. This draft class is weaker at the top, so maybe Jonathan Cooper and Chance Warmack will go in the 16-20 range.

The Bears will definitely be interested in Warmack if he falls to them. They signed Matt Slauson, but that was just to a 1-year deal worth less than $1 million. Gabe Carimi, meanwhile, has been a bust. Chicago has to make sure that Jay Cutler is protected

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Yeah I include Centers as OG.
    He is a guard.. His brother is a center for Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    He is a guard.. His brother is a center for Pittsburgh
    I believe he was drafted as a Center and is currently listed as a Center with the fins (although he may play Guard as well).

http://www.nfl.com/teams/roster?team=mia

Anything is possible and OG is definitely one of the least sexy first round picks (especially inside the Top 20).

On average over the past two decades, only one OG is taken in the Top 20.

However I will say that the Giants have passed on a Top 20 OG that has slid (Glenn, Iupati, etc ...) so many times that, historically speaking, it's unlikely that we take Warmack even if he does fall (although I wouldn't mind if we did ... we definitely need the help).
    Glenn is a LT, and very few if any thought he was gonna be a G in the NFL, which is why i coulden't believe we didn't take em.. The reason guys like Pouncey went in the top 20 is becuase there versatile and could play multiple positons, and thats why walt says teams like Cooper more, becasue they think he could be a C and/or G... If ur drafting a Guard that early, he better be able to do multiple things for you... Mike Iupati was to me, the best G prospect i've ever seen in my life, including Pouncey, Warmack, and Decastro... Some disagreed , and some may still disagree, but i'd never seen a man that big, move as well as he did, and play as well as him, and still have upside.. And even then, i thought Iupati went alittle earlier then i'd of taken him.. I mean, the 49ers passed on Demariyus Thomas , Dez Bryant to take em, to just kinda show u what happens when u take a Guard in the top 15or so...lol
    Last edited by nycsportzfan; 04-16-2013 at 08:27 AM.

So Walt is your lone source? Fronczak has had him pitted at #23 since March 8th. Prisco's consistently had him after 15 for some time. Point is, the idea of a guard falling is not far-fetched.

Had Walt given that explanation of why Warmack falls that far 4 months ago, it still would have made sense. Nothing happened in the past two weeks that could make Warmack "fall" on his own. Sounds like Walt is just late to the acknowledge the possibility.

I believe he was drafted as a Center and is currently listed as a Center with the fins (although he may play Guard as well).

http://www.nfl.com/teams/roster?team=mia
    Versatility is the key.. Warmack is strickly a Guard, and the Pouncey bros both can play C and G, just like people project cooper to be able to do..

So Walt is your lone source? Fronczak has had him pitted at #23 since March 8th. Prisco's consistently had him after 15 for some time. Point is, the idea of a guard falling is not far-fetched.

Had Walt given that explanation of why Warmack falls that far 4 months ago, it still would have made sense. Nothing happened in the past two weeks that could make Warmack "fall" on his own. Sounds like Walt is just late to the acknowledge the possibility.
    No, Adam Shefter is the source... Sorry i listen to Shefter, so u dont' have to ask if Shefter is the only guy i listen to, as i'll save u some time.. If he was the only one, i'd still listen.. And all he said is he could drop , he didn't gurantee it..

Whats ur big issue with it anyways? First u say, so hes Dropping to where hes perdicted to go anyways , and now ur arguing about who the source is? Why do u care, if its just info based on where u thought he is supposed to go anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Glenn is a LT, and very few if any thought he was gonna be a G in the NFL, which is why i coulden't believe we didn't take em.. The reason guys like Pouncey went in the top 20 is becuase there versatile and could play multiple positons, and thats why walt says teams like Cooper more, becasue they think he could be a C and/or G... If ur drafting a Guard that early, he better be able to do multiple things for you... Mike Iupati was to me, the best G prospect i've ever seen in my life, including Pouncey, Warmack, and Decastro... Some disagreed , and some may still disagree, but i'd never seen a man that big, move as well as he did, and play as well as him, and still have upside.. And even then, i thought Iupati went alittle earlier then i'd of taken him.. I mean, the 49ers passed on Jason Pierre Paul and Earl Thomas to take em, to just kinda show u what happens when u take a Guard in the top 15or so...lol
    Cordy Glenn was the highest 5 position rated OL in last years draft. He has played all positions on the OL and was considered NFL ready at all positions, with LT being his prime spot (making him MORE not LESS valuable).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordy_Glenn

The question mark with Glenn was if he could translate as an OT in the NFL (he was considered an OG first) which is why he slipped.

So convinetly u find the one CBS Draft guru out of how many thats got him going around about that time??lol Kirwin has em going 8th, Brugler 10th, and Rang 12th...

Everyone almost has had em going in the top 15, and almost everyone on here pretty much agreed, hence almost everyone on here thinking there was no chance the giants were gonna get a chance to get em and would have to trade up if they wanted em...

+ Reply to Thread