+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Fine, I'll put it more colloquially.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Warmack can fall like I've said before. Here's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    No sh.t. This isn't new.
    Bu...bu....but.... Adam Schefter just said it now even though his explanation made sense back in January. This must be brand new information for him to fall in the past two weeks where nothing happened. Validate my original post please.

Fine, I'll put it more colloquially.
    u quote people without there own words? U lost all credibility right there... U litteraly make no sense,so stop trying... No one else thinking this is info that is hard to understand , but you... In January Warmack wasen't perdicted to be a top15 pick, its the follwoing 2months thats seen his stock rise into top 15 by almost everyone out there that produce draft information.. Back in january, Shariff Floyd was perdicted as a 2nd rder, and many people had us picking Dion Jordan, so whats ur point? If news broke of Dion Jordan dropping to possibly 18-20, would u also say thats old news, or whatever ur trying to say?

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    That isn't necessarily true ... ala Cordy Glenn last year.

Most of this is draft day media buzz (happens every year). Warmack has been the #1 rated OG consistently up until this week. What changed this week? Nothing.

Having said that, either Cooper or Warmack have a distinct chance of falling into the second half of the first round. Will the Giants grab one or the other if available? Should they?

Questions for the ages!

(or at least the next week and a half)
    Who knows what changed, maybe people coming to realization that taking a Guard in the top 15 whos simply a Guard and nothign more is a silly idea? The point is, most(just about all), thought or had Warmack going in the top 15picks, and he very well could still go there, and this news jsut broke of him possibly falling to 18-20, where very few had em going, so i posted it... It was a good source, a respected source, so i posted it..

u quote people without there own words? U lost all credibility right there... U litteraly make no sense,so stop trying... No one else thinking this is info that is hard to understand , but you... In January Warmack wasen't perdicted to be a top15 pick, its the follwoing 2months thats seen his stock rise into top 15 by almost everyone out there that produce draft information.. Back in january, Shariff Floyd was perdicted as a 2nd rder, and many people had us picking Dion Jordan, so whats ur point? If news broke of Dion Jordan dropping to possibly 18-20, would u also say thats old news, or whatever ur trying to say?
    It was an abbreviated hyperbolization of what is still true. This entire thing started as a misunderstanding on your part, seeing that my very first post was actually in agreement with what was posted except for the interpretation of "falling". Again, you're proving me correct in that players "rising" and "falling" is synonymous with the media trying to catch up with how they are genuinely valued by teams.

For Warmack, Floyd and Dion Jordan to "rise and fall" as much as they have without playing competitive football seems to be more of an indication of the intial miscalculations of the media evening out with actual team scouts. Why wouldn't Warmack be considered a top 15 pick in January when he played his final football game and held a rather innocuous combine afterwards? His scouting report from games never changed, and the history of guards in the first round starting from David DeCastro never changed. Nothing posted is a surprise.

It was an abbreviated hyperbolization of what is still true. This entire thing started as a misunderstanding on your part, seeing that my very first post was actually in agreement with what was posted except for the interpretation of "falling". Again, you're proving me correct in that players "rising" and "falling" is synonymous with the media trying to catch up with how they are genuinely valued by teams.

For Warmack, Floyd and Dion Jordan to "rise and fall" as much as they have without playing competitive football seems to be more of an indication of the intial miscalculations of the media evening out with actual team scouts. Why wouldn't Warmack be considered a top 15 pick in January when he played his final football game and held a rather innocuous combine afterwards? His scouting report from games never changed, and the history of guards in the first round starting from David DeCastro never changed. Nothing posted is a surprise.
    Its not though.. This is why we have Combines, Prodays, Sr Bowl, Shrine Game, Private Workouts, Interviews...etc Guys sometimes rise based soley on things that happen after the season... And yes, NFL Teams are soley the reason for that, as they are trying to figure out themselves whos the better players... Dion Jordan's stock flew after teh combine.. Shariff Floyds flew after the combine as well...

And by the way, theres a reason why i put ????? after the tile thread " Could chance warmacks stock be falling?".. THat dosen't mean it is, but it means, could it be? And then u put in the info which is making u ask the question to begin with, and people make up there own mind..

And if u go back to march on these boards by the way, u will see many people on these boards who want Warmack say " I don't think he'll FALL to us".. Meaning, he was all ready being interrpeted as a pick that will go before we pick... SO all ready most had em going top 15 in March, so this is new , as far as him possibly falling outta the top 15.. U have to go back awhile since warmack was considered not a top 15-17 draftpick...

and by the way, when something says "originally posted by nycsportzfan" or anyoen for that matter, and its not word for word what that person said, it looks like u change there posts around to make ur point or make the other person sound stupid, which in my opinion, makes it hard to take the person seriosuly.. Weather or not ur abreviating hyperbole or not, its kinda shady..lol

Warmack, Floyd and Jordan did not partake in Senior Bowls or Shrine games. All of those are just sources to confirm what people see in games and patch up holes where the majority of work has already been done. Even when an unknown prospect makes his claim, it's usually a means to go back to what happened midseason. You'll have quote after quote from official teams saying such. Jordan was expected to have great measurables based on what he has done in games, and he did.

And your "could be explanation" still applies. I find it rather hypocritical to shut down the notion that this scenario was not plausible a few weeks ago, because the mocks and posters in here did not display their opinions that supported such. It's only noteworthy now after you had posted it. Re-read my earlier posts, even those in response to KRUNCH which shows that is should not be a surprise if he "falls".

And there have been many people that talked down the idea of taking a guard, any guard, in the top 15 as it's been a conversation in here for years. It's not exclusive to Warmack.

and by the way, when something says "originally posted by nycsportzfan" or anyoen for that matter, and its not word for word what that person said, it looks like u change there posts around to make ur point or make the other person sound stupid, which in my opinion, makes it hard to take the person seriosuly.. Weather or not ur abreviating hyperbole or not, its kinda shady..lol
    It served its purpose. Your responses were beyond loquacious, dancing around what was actually said by myself.

I think his main point is just that lots of times players stock isn't rising or falling on teams boards (after the season, combine, pro days) but by the media who had it wrong to begin with and are finally caching up.

A million CBS and espn analyst can mock a third rounder to us in the first but when that player goes in the 3rd round I wouldn't say he "fell". According to the medias mocks (which are meaningless), sure he fell, but to where nfl scouts has said player ranked he did not.

As far as Chance, I can see him going as early as 10 and as late as mid/early 20s. I don't think anyone would be shocked either way.
    Last edited by DarceChoke; 04-16-2013 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarceChoke View Post
    I think his main point is just that lots of times players stock isn't rising or falling on teams boards (after the season, combine, pro days) but by the media who had it wrong to begin with and are finally caching up.

A million CBS and espn analyst can mock a third rounder to us in the first but when that player goes in the 3rd round I wouldn't say he "fell". According to the medias mocks (which are meaningless), sure he fell, but to where nfl scouts has said player ranked he did not.

As far as Chance, I can see him going as early as 10 and as late as mid/early 20s. I don't think anyone would be shocked either way.
    Shocked or not, the bottomline is, if Chance goes in the 20's, its gonna be said just as it still is with David Decastro, that he fell on draft day.. And what is the name of this thread? " Could Chance Warmacks stock be falling?" And again, Adam Shefter gets his Information from NFL teams and inside sources, hes not just some guy.. He is the guy when it comes to inside information about NFL teams.. W

And the reason i posted this is because so many people(pretty much everyone, and i all ready know theres no proof on here that u guys thought diffrent before this thread), thought Warmack had no chance to make it to us, and i thought diffrently, because of guys like David Decastro..