+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DarceChoke View Post
    I think his main point is just that lots of times players stock isn't rising or falling on teams boards (after the season, combine, pro days) but by the media who had it wrong to begin with and are finally caching up.

A million CBS and espn analyst can mock a third rounder to us in the first but when that player goes in the 3rd round I wouldn't say he "fell". According to the medias mocks (which are meaningless), sure he fell, but to where nfl scouts has said player ranked he did not.

As far as Chance, I can see him going as early as 10 and as late as mid/early 20s. I don't think anyone would be shocked either way.
    Not to mention, how do u know that player stocks aren't falling on team boards?

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    cbs sports has him rated as 2nd overall player in draft.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    It served its purpose. Your responses were beyond loquacious, dancing around what was actually said by myself.
    Ya, it served its purpose to show ur shady and quote words that other people never said, and thats about it... Ur whole debate was pretty meaningless, and made no sense.. By the way, is Jon Cooper still a 2nd rd prospect, like he was 2months ago? Shoot, alot had em going in the 2nd rd, it wasen't untill the sr bowl and combine that his stock shot up like it did..

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    cbs sports has him rated as 2nd overall player in draft.
    Almost all sites have him in there top 10 or at worst 15 on there big board..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    And the reason i posted this is because so many people(pretty much everyone, and i all ready know theres no proof on here that u guys thought diffrent before this thread), thought Warmack had no chance to make it to us, and i thought diffrently, because of guys like David Decastro..
    What exactly is the real point of this thread? That you posted the idea first? That's a rather pretentious quote above seeing that the Giants already hosted Warmack so at least they believe there is a chance. Members have been throwing out Chance's names in their mock drafts in this own forum. slip has been mocking the Giants board's obsession with interior linemen and right tackles. So we can at least chalk that up to a little dishonesty with that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Not to mention, how do u know that player stocks aren't falling on team boards?
    How do we know that Schefter knows? Teams don't disclose their draft boards.

What exactly is the real point of this thread? That you posted the idea first? That's a rather pretentious quote above seeing that the Giants already hosted Warmack so at least they believe there is a chance. Members have been throwing out Chance's names in their mock drafts in this own forum. slip has been mocking the Giants board's obsession with interior linemen and right tackles. So we can at least chalk that up to a little dishonesty with that statement.
    I like nyscportzfan, but he does seem to always want to point out how he was on something or said something first. Seems like every time I see someone say something about a player his response is always that he said it months ago. With that said, I think he was just posting an outside opinion about a player we've all debated on this forum. I don't see anything wrong with it or understand the back and forth in the thread.
    2014 MOCK DRAFT:
    1. CJ Mosley (Alabama, LB)
    2. Odell Beckham Sr. (LSU, WR)
    3. Tre Mason (Auburn, RB)
    4. Anthony Steen (Alabama, OG)

I don't understand it either to be honest. My first responses were in line with the discussion, agreeing with why Warmack could be there at 19. I didn't even think the semantics of "falling" was an issue with him. His rebuttals became incessant and defensive.

Discussion is good.

Black and white view points tend not to be.

Ya, and no one thought he was gonna make it to the giants, they just wanted em.. Hes flown well up past where we pick, and i certainly don't think he should go in the top 10-15picks, nor do i think Cooper should.. I don't even love em as picks for us, albeit, i'll accept it.. I was basically trying to show some people, maybe they had a chance to get there wish, as they had thought they had no chance, for Chance..

I'll add hes one of the most popular players on these boards and people would want to read anything about the guy, that gives them any kinda hint where he might go draft day.. And its also to show the people that thought he was being projected alittle high, they might be right.... Its from a good source, and I felt worthy of being posted , so others could see..