+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    If we get him that would be awesome, nobody will be debating this pick
    Its a very safe pick, but there are many on here who will not like the value and not be happy about the pick, albeit, they'll be happy they got a good guard, but they'd wish they got a good guard later on, even in RD2...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    It dosen't matter what you've been posting, many on here though and probably still think that Chance had no "chance" of making it to us...
    forgive me if i am taking offense needlessly or misinterpreting ur comment, but how would it "doesnt matter what you've (as in me) been posting" but it'd matter what you've been posting?

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    forgive me if i am taking offense needlessly or misinterpreting ur comment, but how would it "doesnt matter what you've (as in me) been posting" but it'd matter what you've been posting?
    What do u mean? Its not that it dosen't matter what u say, but what u say, people still think the opposite of, hence the thread.. U said that u knew months ago that Warmack could go in the 20's right? Well, many on here have said for awhile now they'd like Warmack but he has no chance of making it to us, so obviously what ur thinking on the matter didn't change there minds, so this news from Shefter still could have some use to other people...
    Last edited by nycsportzfan; 04-16-2013 at 08:16 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Uh, most had em not making it to us or even past Tennesee for that matter, and some had em going in the top 10 as well.. There isn't a mock out there that has em making it to our pick to be honest, so how agian is this dropping where he was supposed to?
    Cool and of those mocks how many of them work for NFL front office people? No guard has been drafted in the top 10 since 1997 which has some pretty stupid teams in that timespan. Yet even the dumb ones know to not do that so please tell me why it's a good idea to draft a guard in the top 10 selections.

Only reason he is being considered as a top 10 guy is because this draft has no elite talent. Throw in a handful of other elite guys and Warmack goes somewhere around 13-17.

I wouldnt be all that surprised if he did slip a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Only reason he is being considered as a top 10 guy is because this draft has no elite talent. Throw in a handful of other elite guys and Warmack goes somewhere around 13-17.

I wouldnt be all that surprised if he did slip a bit.
    Agreed.. But its not like that, and u are like many on here, u think hes going in the 13-17 range, and Shefter is saying hes hearing that he could go 18 and after, therefore dropping.. Its not like it matters much anyways, but alot of people love Warmack,so i figured mines well throw em a bone...

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Cool and of those mocks how many of them work for NFL front office people? No guard has been drafted in the top 10 since 1997 which has some pretty stupid teams in that timespan. Yet even the dumb ones know to not do that so please tell me why it's a good idea to draft a guard in the top 10 selections.
    Its not a good idea.. I disagree with it completely.. I think the values bad at 19..

I would love it if it did happen.

People love Mayock and he does the bulk of the player grading at NFL.com. He has Warmack is the 2nd highest graded player to come out...in the last 2 years. He sits behind only Andrew Luck, and not my that much (95.9 to 97).

I recognize that Guard isn't typically a high value position. But if you have an opportunity to draft a guy at 19 who has a grade usually only found in #1 overall pick, I'm pretty sure you take that guy, especially when he plays a position of need. There are a couple other guys I would love to have at that pick as well. But I would be VERY happy if we picked this guy.

NYC, I remember early in the football season when everyone was swooning over Bama's Oline and specifically Barret Jones, you and I were drooling over Chance Warmack. I haven't stopped drooling.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I would love it if it did happen.

People love Mayock and he does the bulk of the player grading at NFL.com. He has Warmack is the 2nd highest graded player to come out...in the last 2 years. He sits behind only Andrew Luck, and not my that much (95.9 to 97).

I recognize that Guard isn't typically a high value position. But if you have an opportunity to draft a guy at 19 who has a grade usually only found in #1 overall pick, I'm pretty sure you take that guy, especially when he plays a position of need. There are a couple other guys I would love to have at that pick as well. But I would be VERY happy if we picked this guy.

NYC, I remember early in the football season when everyone was swooning over Bama's Oline and specifically Barret Jones, you and I were drooling over Chance Warmack. I haven't stopped drooling.
    This thread wasen't suppoed to be anything about liking the guy, its supposed to be about him having a chacne to be drafted by the giants by the big warmack fans, who thought there was no chance.. Everybody likes the guy, thats not the point, the point is do u like em enough to draft a G earlier then the 20's? I personally don't think so, becasue of our defense, and you'll see on my hopeful picks, hes not even on my top 5 , and i put em on my 'would be ok with' which i had him and Trufant after my top 5...

I want a defender in RD1, and thats where i'm hoping to go with... I want one of the FLA ST guys, or Ogletree to be honest..

Not to mention, i think Larry Warford is gonna be every bit as good as Warmack.. I think there simiilar prospects, and both battle tested in the tough SEC.. THere both powerful run blockers who can pass protect and move there feet for such massive men, and both have long arms and solid technique and both are complete players at the positon.. I dont' see nearly as much diffrence between Warford and Warmack.. And i think if we revisit this thread in 3yrs, both are gonna be preparing to get paid handsomley becasue there 2of the better G's in the NFL...