+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    This thread wasen't suppoed to be anything about liking the guy, its supposed to be about him having a chacne to be drafted by the giants by the big warmack fans, who thought there was no chance.. Everybody likes the guy, thats not the point, the point is do u like em enough to draft a G earlier then the 20's? I personally don't think so, becasue of our defense, and you'll see on my hopeful picks, hes not even on my top 5 , and i put em on my 'would be ok with' which i had him and Trufant after my top 5...

I want a defender in RD1, and thats where i'm hoping to go with... I want one of the FLA ST guys, or Ogletree to be honest..
    Seriously? You think my post was just about "liking him?"

then you say

the point is do u like em enough to draft a G earlier then the 20's? ..
    Seem to me that is EXACTLY what my post is about. In fact ist is verbatim what I said. I talked about his grade being the highest of any player in this draft and only behind Luck in the last draft. Then I go on to say that is AMAZING value for the 20th pick, especially if it is a need position and how I would gladly take him at 19.

I am seriously baffled. Why create thread and reply to a post that you didn't even read ?
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 04-17-2013 at 10:04 PM.

u quote people without there own words? U lost all credibility right there... U litteraly make no sense,so stop trying... No one else thinking this is info that is hard to understand , but you... In January Warmack wasen't perdicted to be a top15 pick, its the follwoing 2months thats seen his stock rise into top 15 by almost everyone out there that produce draft information.. Back in january, Shariff Floyd was perdicted as a 2nd rder, and many people had us picking Dion Jordan, so whats ur point? If news broke of Dion Jordan dropping to possibly 18-20, would u also say thats old news, or whatever ur trying to say?
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Seriously? You think my post was just about "liking him?"

then you say

Seem to me that is EXACTLY what my post is about. I talk about his grade being the highest of any player in this draft and only behind Luck in the last draft. Then I go on to say that is AMAZING value for the 20th pick, especially if it is a need position and how I would gladly take him at 19.

I am seriously baffled. Why create a thread is you aren't going to read the responses?
    Bottom line, i like the player, but don't like the value at 19 because of his positon and how many needs we have on defense, which was clearly is teh biggest problem with this giants team..

this thread was made simply to give people who love em and think theres no chance for us to get em, alittle hope is all.. end of story..
    Last edited by nycsportzfan; 04-17-2013 at 10:05 PM.

Bottom line, i like the player, but don't like the value at 19 because of his positon and how many needs we have on defense, which was clearly is teh biggest problem with this giants team..

this thread was made simply to give people who love em and think theres no chance for us to get em, alittle hope is all.. end of story..
    Then say THAT next time rather implying my post on the exact player you are discussing in this thread is somehow "not what the thread is about."

The fact is, every discussion about Chance falling to the 19th pick should and will include a discussion of his draft value. That is precisely what my posts is about.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Then say THAT next time rather implying my post on the exact player you are discussing in this thread is somehow "not what the thread is about."

The fact is, every discussion about Chance falling to the 19th pick should and will include a discussion of his draft value. That is precisely what my posts is about.
    I've tried to say that a million times... U just didn't quote that.. I got into many discussions with people becasue they got off topic and tried telling them this wasen't even about liking em or not, but about a simple piece of information that came from a respected source that may give them a bit more hope he'll be around..

I've tried to say that a million times... U just didn't quote that.. I got into many discussions with people becasue they got off topic and tried telling them this wasen't even about liking em or not, but about a simple piece of information that came from a respected source that may give them a bit more hope he'll be around..
    I know why you made this thread, and I know exactly what you ORIGNIAL intent was.

But you replied to my post saying in effect that it was off topic because this thread isn't about "liking him" when my post had very, very little to do with liking him and had a LOT to do with his value at the 19th pick. Again his value has everything to do with this thread since you are saying he *could* drop to us at 19.

It isn't your intent with the thread that baffles me, it is your response to my post. It baffles me because you either didn't read my post, but chose to quote it andt reply to it, or you didn't comprehend a word of it.

I'm done with this topic.

Honestly if this is going to be a value pick I'd think it would have to be on offense. I don't see anyone in the 15-25 range that really sticks out. Xavier Rhodes will likely be gone by 19 and with him and Milliner off the board the value at corner takes a small dip. Desmond Trufant's stock has gone up a bit due to some good workouts at the combine, but he was only being projected as the second round prior that. Then there's the linebackers that everyone can't be sure of. If you want a safe valuable pick at 19 I think it has to be Warmack or Cooper.

Quote Originally Posted by Fharcyde View Post
    Honestly if this is going to be a value pick I'd think it would have to be on offense. I don't see anyone in the 15-25 range that really sticks out. Xavier Rhodes will likely be gone by 19 and with him and Milliner off the board the value at corner takes a small dip. Desmond Trufant's stock has gone up a bit due to some good workouts at the combine, but he was only being projected as the second round prior that. Then there's the linebackers that everyone can't be sure of. If you want a safe valuable pick at 19 I think it has to be Warmack or Cooper.
    Bjorn Werner is great value.. A guy who was a top 5pick for months who u might get at pick 19 now. Also plays a positon that is highly regarded in the NFL, and still has upside to boot..

id hate the werner pick. as i stated repeatedly, only 3 of his 12 sacks came of the "get to the qb within 3 sec." variety, and those were 1v1's at that. the other sacks were coverage sacks, or the qb starts to roll out and werner pursued sacked him.

none of his sacks came while the D was blitzing, which means, the D was in coverage. Which helps a DL as talented as the one FSU played. Nah, don't see the close in speed, dont see an arsenal of pass moves that'll work at the NFL level imo, isn't overly physical, and doesnt have a skill set of a pure pass rusher imho. he'll be a solid player but not worth the 19th pick imo. mark my words, he'll just end up being a 2011-2012 Tuck for us.

plus, he's pretty much maxed out/at his ceiling. what part of his game leads anyone to believe theres room for a lot of improvement? Werner has been getting dogged lately by a lot of the respectable analysts as being the biggest bust risk, and like u say nyc, he was once considered a top 5 prospect by many...now, the majority have him falling past 25...whats that tell u?

Quote Originally Posted by Fharcyde View Post
    Uuuhh, guys that are protected 2nd round picks that do nothing but help themselves, such as a good senior bowl / combine, usually become 1st rounders....that's how it works....the original 1st round guys that increase their stock go higher than originally thought (ansah,Jordan,milliner,Floyd) while the others that hurt theirs, slide (Moore,jones,Allen,Teo,Montgomery)