+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Draft Positional Review: Running Back

Draft Positional Review: Running Back

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...w-running-back

Excerpt: "Position: Running back.

Depth chart:David Wilson, Andre Brown (restricted free agent tender), Henry Hynoski, Da’Rel Scott, Ryan Torain.

The departed:Ahmad Bradshaw (released, free agent), Kregg Lumpkin (free agent).

Scouting report: The Giants are prepared to start the Wilson era after releasing Bradshaw in the offseason to create cap space. Wilson projects as the starter but Brown, who will be coming back from a broken leg injury, should have the opportunity to compete with Wilson and share carries.

Wilson says he is ready to carry the load but Tom Coughlin likes to have a two-back attack so a timeshare seems likely with the hot hand getting the edge. The other thing to keep an eye on
    is whether the coaches trust Wilson enough to protect Eli Manning and stay on the field for multiple downs.

Hynoski quietly shined at fullback. The Giants are looking to see who can fill their third running back spot. Scott and Torain will get a crack but the team also took a look at free agent Tim Hightower and could continue to scour free agency for another veteran back.

The last time: The Giants drafted Wilson in the first round in 2012." Read more...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    I've never been more excited to see our running game (not thunder n lightning or Bradshaw and Jacobs even though they all had their moments). For some reason I think these two are going to be special, but I realize its very early for the optimism. I also feel if the duo can stay healthy we are going to put a licking on sucka's. I hope Im not wrong. Hopefully our Oline can give E some throwing room and we excel in both areas.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

+ Reply to Thread