+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 49ers 2010 Draft ... Could the Giants Learn Something?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantPride13 View Post
    Pittsburgh Picks De'Castro(G) Followed by Adams (OT) last year to put some youth and athleticism into their aging OL. Exactly what the Giants Need!!
    Mike Adams sucks so...

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Mike Adams sucks so...
    that was the main guy I didn't want last year..

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Reminds me of the NY Jets draft in 2006 when they took Mangold and D'Brick both in the 1st round and rebuilt their O-line. The Giants are getting old and it's definitely time. Snee and Diehl are both getting up there and as of right now they don't have solid replacements. Brewer maybe but the jury is still out. Don't think the Giants can go all out like the 9ers did (or the NY Jets in 06) but OL is a need. Defense unfortunately is aging as well but if one of the stud G's is available, IMO, it's time to pull the trigger.
    Yea, i remember Mangold and D'Brick...that draft helped the Jets gets to the superbowl and made them a playoff team for a while, even when they lost Kareem Mc Kenzie. I thought Shonn Greenes rookie year was phenonmenal one of the best, he was never quite the same. You could say New England tried that route as well, with Nate Solder, he's worked out, looks good at LT, even Indy with Anthony Castanzo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Mike Adams sucks so...
    1st - guys been in the league a year cant say he sucks yet.
    2nd - My point is teams with elite QBs do bolster their OL to help their starters not just teams with s*it QBs to help their run game

Eli with time to throw can make anyone a star receiver. Even Barden.

Drafting OL isn't just for the running game you know... those guys also protect the QB from pass rushers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    Yea, i remember Mangold and D'Brick...that draft helped the Jets gets to the superbowl and made them a playoff team for a while, even when they lost Kareem Mc Kenzie. I thought Shonn Greenes rookie year was phenonmenal one of the best, he was never quite the same. You could say New England tried that route as well, with Nate Solder, he's worked out, looks good at LT, even Indy with Anthony Castanzo.
    The Jets went to the Super Bowl this millennium?!

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    The Jets went to the Super Bowl this millennium?!
    I think he meant something like one game short of the SB two years in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post

However, arguably you could say that those picks have produced the change in the offense needed to elevate the 49ers to the Super Bowl contenders that they are now (coaching aside for the moment).
    Thats what you have to do when you need your offensive foundation to be the running game, because they had very poor QB play.

Same as the Jets dumping multiple high picks into their OL.

Now compare that to the Colts with Manning, or the Saints with Brees. Both got to the SB with no high draft picks on the OL (maybe 1 here or there)

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Thats what you have to do when you need your offensive foundation to be the running game, because they had very poor QB play.

Same as the Jets dumping multiple high picks into their OL.

Now compare that to the Colts with Manning, or the Saints with Brees. Both got to the SB with no high draft picks on the OL (maybe 1 here or there)
    That's true .... however our most dominant team was also when our Oline was the most dominant (2008).

Super Bowl victories aside, we're at our strongest when our OL is at its strongest (offensively).

That and we've seen collapses from both the Colts and Saints due specifically to neglecting their lines (both offensive and defensive).

+ Reply to Thread