+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    I never understood the obsession with everyone here taking guys with injuries.

Every year there is a guy who had a serious medical issue and everyone wants them.

So strange.

Its just like the Herzlich thing, everyone claiming "well he was great before he got hurt!"

What does that matter if they never regain that athleticism? And sure, some guys occasionally do, but most dont.
    Last edited by slipknottin; 04-16-2013 at 09:47 PM.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post

Every year there is a guy who had a serious medical issue and everyone wants them.

So strange.

Its just like the Herzlich thing, everyone claiming "well he was great before he got hurt!"

What does that matter if they never regain that athleticism? And sure, some guys occasionally do, but most dont.
    Well to clarify Slip, I am not the type of person who usually wants to draft someone with an injury history. However, I just really happen to like Lattimore's game/personality. I'm not an expert so I'm not saying the Giants SHOULD draft him, only that I like him and would be excited if we did because if JR trusts it, so do I.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManningFam10 View Post
    Well to clarify Slip, I am not the type of person who usually wants to draft someone with an injury history. However, I just really happen to like Lattimore's game/personality. I'm not an expert so I'm not saying the Giants SHOULD draft him, only that I like him and would be excited if we did because if JR trusts it, so do I.
    right on brotha ...gotta admire the guy's heart...I trust reese as well to make the most well informed decision.

So strange.

In all seriousness I think it is unfair to draw the comparison to Herzlich and Lattimore. Herzlich has a rod in his leg or hip because of bone cancer and it is amazing that he is in the league. I honestly think that he could be pretty good if he fully understood the playbook and got comfortable in the system. When he was out there he played poorly but it seemed like that because he looked lost out there. This could be a result of not being fully aware of his role on certain plays... Lattimore had a pretty bad knee injury but I think that he can come back from that because like I have said the doctors are on a great level at the moment of repairing knees and other injuries. He is ahead of schedule apparently according to this article and has added 20 pounds of muscle.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...edule/1930953/

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    has added 20 pounds of muscle.
    Since you cant add muscle without adding fat, that means either hes added 20 pounds to his 232 pound frame, or hes added 20 pounds of muscle + 10 or so pounds of muscle, and is now 6' 260.

Either way, no thanks. Dont want an overweight hb with a blown knee.

Hard enough getting healthy players that are good.

And Ive never heard any doctor say anyone is behind schedule... Always these stories put out by a guys agents sound so rosy.

Maybe, maybe with a 6th or 7th round pick I could see taking a guy like Lattimore, but with an early pick? for a guy who may never play in the league at all? Have to be nuts.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.

So strange.

I think it's the risk reward factor and the possible value of getting someone cheap who can produce if healthy again. Im not really for or against this thought process, as it all depends on the individual, but im guesding its the mindset many fans have. I won't lie and was all about the Austin 2nd round pick and thought he might be the steal of the draft even though he sat a bunch. i should be eating those words but decided ill give him one more season . Guys like Tank, Lattimore, Barrett, even Jarvis Jones all slid due to these types of issues, but might be worth the risk if they come back as the studs they were (jones is a lil diff story but still lost some ground). I think at least some of them will be worth the risk.
    Last edited by TAILGATIN'; 04-16-2013 at 10:28 PM.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Well I am guessing the got the added muscle number from the weight he was at when he started rehabbing which is most likely 10LBs or so lighter than the weight he was playing at because of the fact that his leg muscle had to have gone down because he would not be able to work with it for a while and he probably lost weight because of the fact that he could not do all of the lifts that he could if he could work his legs like squats ect... He probably is about 10 pounds heavier than what he was playing at in college or so.
    __________________________________________________ _____
    A Peterson-like effort
    Lattimore steps into a miniature pool on this weekday at the Andrews Institute, where fellow prospects and current NFL players come to rehab or train for the upcoming season. Washington Redskins Robert Griffin III stands in a hot tub 10 feet away stretching after his own pool session.

The NFL offensive rookie of the year teasingly urges on Lattimore: "Flex, Marcus, flex!"
    Lattimore describes his time in Pensacola since arriving in mid-December as "the best experience ever."
    Andrews says Lattimore's work ethic has been on par with another Andrews' patient, Adrian Peterson. The Minnesota Vikings running back came within nine yards of the single season rushing record after tearing his ACL the previous season.
    "He's twice as far along as we ever expected him to be. He's so self motivated," Andrews says of Lattimore. "This weight he's put on has been all muscle, which is absolutely impossible in most cases. It remains to be seen if he can play this season.
    "We've had to slow him down in certain activities because he'd get ahead of us. He's one of the finest young men I've ever had the opportunity to help take care of."
    __________________________________________________ _______________

I will take someone with AP's work ethic anyday if they have the talent that Lattimore has. I don't understand why a 4th rounder on him would be questioned at all.

Since you cant add muscle without adding fat, that means either hes added 20 pounds to his 232 pound frame, or hes added 20 pounds of muscle + 10 or so pounds of muscle, and is now 6' 260.

Either way, no thanks. Dont want an overweight hb with a blown knee.

Hard enough getting healthy players that are good.

And Ive never heard any doctor say anyone is behind schedule... Always these stories put out by a guys agents sound so rosy.

Maybe, maybe with a 6th or 7th round pick I could see taking a guy like Lattimore, but with an early pick? for a guy who may never play in the league at all? Have to be nuts.
    Slip, I don't like the lattimore pick unless its 5th or later but really don't feel we need to go rb this draft and just ended up on this thread. I've noticed on many threads you bashing a lot of draft prospects, which is fine cuz it's all opinions. I'm just wondering what guys you are high on this draft, if any?

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    Slip, I don't like the lattimore pick unless its 5th or later but really don't feel we need to go rb this draft and just ended up on this thread. I've noticed on many threads you bashing a lot of draft prospects, which is fine cuz it's all opinions. I'm just wondering what guys you are high on this draft, if any?
    I dont dislike Lattimore. I dislike the idea that hes an early round pick.

Just like a guy like Ogletree, I dont disagree that hes talented, I just dont see him as this perfect prospect that others seem to.

I think I am just on the opposite end of the risk/reward scale. Many here love the high reward high risk guys, I much prefer the low risk guys with average to good reward.

Lattimore, for instance, is obviously a very risky selection. Maybe he can become a great back, but examples of running backs coming back from multiple ligament tears are not exactly abundant. There are what, one or two examples?

To me, that says late pick or no interest.
    Last edited by slipknottin; 04-16-2013 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    __________________________________________________ _______________

I will take someone with AP's work ethic anyday if they have the talent that Lattimore has. I don't understand why a 4th rounder on him would be questioned at all.

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Because we don't need help at rb and have bigger shoes to fill even round 4. Of course nothing's for certain, but I can almost guarantee we don't go running back and if so it'll be one of the last rounds unless someone crazy falls on JRs lap. I like lattimore but am willing to eat dog doo if he becomes a giant.
    Last edited by TAILGATIN'; 04-16-2013 at 10:58 PM.

- Homer J. Simpson