+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DRAFT: WHO DO YOU WANT VS WHO DO YOU THINK WE GET?

I would like to see Fluker or Rhodes.
    I think we will draft Bjorn Werner. (which is fine with me)
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Veteran
    I don't want Ogletree

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    Lol who really goes there....I miss when everything that had to do with this team was acceptable in TAGF

Nowadays you post something in the draft section and 4 people get to view it
    EXACTLY. That's why I posted it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'd love Rhodes or Werner.....how would you rank Rhodes vs Miliner/Trufant

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    I hear you man, too bad this won't be here for long

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    It's just a matter of time until they move this thread to the draft section lol

I want best available Oline, but chances are it will be Tank Cardine. Re: Werner I didn't watch him in college, but saw some of his "hightlight" reels on youtube and wasn't overly impressed. Werner didn't seem all that quick and I think he would be easily blocked at the NFL level.

in the 1st round the Giants look for elite athletes first and foremost and I'm not sure Werner fits that bill.

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    Lol who really goes there....I miss when everything that had to do with this team was acceptable in TAGF

Nowadays you post something in the draft section and 4 people get to view it
    If they are the right 4 people.............
    No one remembers who came in second.

Starter
    Want-Vaccaro, Ogletree
    Will-Fluker

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Unless it's Ansah, I don't think the Giants are going to go DE in the 1st RD this year. I know that they like to take skill position players (WR, RB, DE, Secondary) in the 1st, but:

1. I can't see them taking a WR (unless there's a top 10 guy who falls to them) in the 1st because we have WR's.

2. I can't see them taking a RB (unless there's a top 10 guy who falls to them) in the 1st because we have RB's.

3. I can't put my finger on it, but while I see them taking a DE in the 2nd or 3rd, I don't see one in the 1st unless its someone like Ansah, and he'll be gone by then. JPP was the 1st DE drafted in the high-to-mid 1st round in a long time. Kiwi was the 32nd pick in the 1st, Osi was 2nd RD, Tuck was 3rd Rd and Strahan was 2nd Rd. JPP was a rare talent, and I wouldn't call Carradine or Werner rare talents.

4. The secondary -- you've got mid-to-late 1st RD talent in Vaccaro (S), Elam (S) and Trufant (CB) and they're at skill positions that the Giants actually need. Of the three I think that Vaccaro is the best talent and that the Safety position for the Giants is an even bigger question mark (Rolle being in his final year, I believe, and KP no longer here) than CB.

The above is why I think it's Vaccaro, and while I'm sick of picking secondary players in the 1st RD year in and year out and STILL letting up big plays and tons of points every year, I still think that Vaccaro's a good pick. But I think that Ogletree (yes, a LB) and Richardson are possibilities, although not skill positions, simply because of their value at the 19th pick (if they actually fall that far).

I'd have no problem with Fluker (huge T/G from 'bama), but I can't see them spending a 1st on an o-lineman. But that is definitely quality right there at the 19th pick -- I'd be happy with Fluker, but there will be quality at o-line in the 2nd RD, too.

Heck, my favorite choice would be to trade down a few picks and pick up some additional picks along the way.
    Last edited by JJC7301; 04-16-2013 at 10:38 PM.

+ Reply to Thread