+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    As much as I think we need another pass rushing defensive end and as much as I think they will go after another one in the first round I would love to see them go either corner back or inside linebacker. Who at those positions I don't know, but those two positions would be cool to see.

W/O putting in the obvious LT's off by 19, I'd take Ziggy for upside or Warmack, Floyd,Star or Richardson; Fluker, Jordane, A.Brown or Ogletree. I'd even be happy w/ Vaccaro if all of the Rd1 linemen are gone. Since the Jints can never seem to have enough DE's, something tells me it'll be Ziggy, Werner or the tank. Watch them go w/ Mingo and go contra in the whole draft. Never happen!~ Go Giants!

first, werner would suck as the pick imho. anyone who considers him isnt watching him play but watching the stat line. he had 5 sacks his first 2 weeks vs murray state and like some other cake school.

of his 12 sacks, i believe ONLY 3 were of the take on the blocker and get to the QB before 3 seconds variety(and those were 1v1 situations, dunno if he recorded a sack vs double teams). most of his sacks were coverage sacks, or motor/chase from behind sacks. he doesnt display that close in quickness, really any dominant pass rush move, and had only ONE iirc (no more than 3 that I know) sacks vs BCS teams...I'd take him in the 3rd tops. ceiling is super low, already maxed out imo physically, and while he may very well end up being a solid player, i just dont see it.

Fluker has been more intriguing for me, but only as a G prospect. With his length and strength, he'd be a mauler in the run game and a beast in the pass game (imo) but still, I'd rather Warmack/Cooper over Fluker but now at least Fluker is a player I can get stoked on.

Ansah also is a player I wouldn't be too eager to pick. Displayed some potential, but he is nowhere near the talented prospect JPP was imho.

For me, and I wanted OL strictly for so long, but now I've tempered to Jarvis Jones, Mingo, Warmack, Cooper and of course L.Johnson should he miraculously drop, in no particular order. And I feel 1 of those players will indeed drop and end up being the pick. Money is on the G's at this moment bc cant see Jones/Mingo falling...

to add to my previous post, about werner, I know his sacks all came while the D was not bringing a blitz. some use that as a positive. I don't. I take that to mean he had coverage help bc aside from 3 sacks, he wasn't in on the QB within 3.0 seconds and the QBs in the NFL all have that clock hardwired into their memory to get rid of the ball before 3 sec.

I want an OL. Any OL that is worth that #19 pick. Warmack, Cooper, Fluker (borderline).

We'll probably end up drafting Vaccaro or Tavon though, since Reese likes to draft our MOST stacked position in the 1st round as of late. Wilson when we already had Bradshaw, Brown, and Scott (and could have swung Jacobs back easily), Prince when we had Webster and Ross both trucking, plus T2 was (at that point) coming back after only one ACL. JPP when we had Tuck and Osi. The last time we spend a 1st rounder on a non-stacked position was when we drafted Nicks.

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

u gotta think ahead toad. looking back, at that exact moment it seemed we were stacked...but we dont have bradshaw or jacobs, wilson makes sense. lost MM but had RR, makes sense.
    IF we took Tavon, one could argue he's looking ahead...

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    first, werner would suck as the pick imho. anyone who considers him isnt watching him play but watching the stat line. he had 5 sacks his first 2 weeks vs murray state and like some other cake school.

and yet his most impresive game tapes of his career were vs Florida in 2012 and Oklahoma 2011. That's about as good of competition and you can have and also the 2 best teams FSU has faced in the last 2 years..
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 04-17-2013 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    to add to my previous post, about werner, I know his sacks all came while the D was not bringing a blitz. some use that as a positive. I don't. I take that to mean he had coverage help bc aside from 3 sacks, he wasn't in on the QB within 3.0 seconds and the QBs in the NFL all have that clock hardwired into their memory to get rid of the ball before 3 sec.
    FSU didn't blitz much this year because they have a ton of talent on the Dline and didn't have to, even after the loss of Brandon Jenkins to injury.Tank Carradine, Bjeorn Werner, and a likely top 15 pick next year Timmy Jernigan were just a few of the names in that rotation. Everette Dawkins another late round prospect this year, also rotated in. Sorry, but you are wrong here. It isn't that the Dline got a lot of sacks because of the coverage it is that the Dline got sacks and tackles because they dominated Olines.

I can understand if you say "he isn't the guy I like there" and give valid evaluation reasons. But you seem more to just be reaching and scratching for reasons not to like him.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 04-17-2013 at 03:46 AM.

um, no offense, but what are u talking about? when you say someone is wrong, please provide the actual statement thats incorrect. bc as far as I can read, your post has ZERO to do with mine.

did he have any sacks when FSU blitzed? No. Is that a commentary about the surrounding talent FSU had? No and I have zero idea why u would think it was...

And he did only have 3 sacks within 3 seconds, BBI or one of those website did a good analysis of him....

so once again, no where did I mention the surround talent or provide ANYTHING for you to have made that connection. All I did was state fact. he had 3 sacks within 3 seconds of the snap. he did not have any sacks while the D blitzed (not a commentary on the DL talent). It is my opinion however that the 3 of his 12 sacks came within 3 seconds is indicative of him getting coverage help on his sacks(a relatively timid claim imo anyways) more than sacks based on individual talent beating the OL, and I feel thats a fair opinion based on the FACTS i presented.

sorry if im bein rude. dont like being told Im wrong when Im not, esp at 3 AM
    Last edited by giantsfan420; 04-17-2013 at 03:54 AM.

ur discussing why FSU did or did not blitz, I'm discussing Werner.