+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    I want a Fla St player.. To be honest, if this is the final thread where we do this, my final hopefuls are 3 FLA ST players on my top 5, which i believe it was last wk, when we had this same thread...

1). Werner DE
    2). Ogletree LB
    3). Carradine DE
    4). Rhodes CB
    5). Honestly, i don't know here? I'd be fine with many players including Warmack...

All this said, i'd rather trade down and add a pick or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I want a Fla St player.. To be honest, if this is the final thread where we do this, my final hopefuls are 3 FLA ST players on my top 5, which i believe it was last wk, when we had this same thread...

1). Werner DE
    2). Ogletree LB
    3). Carradine DE
    4). Rhodes CB
    5). Honestly, i don't know here? I'd be fine with many players including Warmack...
    aren't you scared of Carradine's ACL injury..? I am

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    aren't you scared of Carradine's ACL injury..? I am
    no, i'm not.. I get less scared of those injuries as the yrs go by.. These guys are coming back fine now.. I just watched Iman Shumpert come back no problem in less then a yr, in a sport u do nothing but run run run run , cut cut cut cut, run run run , cut cut cut..etc I feel Carradines charechter is that of a guy who wants to be very good and will work hard in his comeback from this injury, and a guy as young and hungry as him will come back fine in my opinion..

Casey Hampton a 325lb behemouth, has had 3 ACL reconstructions including his first one in college.. Adrien Peterson not only came back, but is back to being the best RB in football, and we seen Dom Hixon come back after multiple ACL's and play very well for us, and Jamal Lewis came back the next yr in 2002 after tearing his ACL and rush for 1300plus yrds, and u got Tom Brady who came back after his ACL injury just fine, and Roman Harper tore his ACL as a rook and was fine, had a really good career, and Nick Barnett, McGhahee, Edgerrin James, and Jerry Rice to the list as successful only a yr after there ACL tears...

In my opinion, it seems the players who are good players end up coming back and playing well.. If Carradine is gonna be a good player, i think he'll come into league and be good...

no, i'm not.. I get less scared of those injuries as the yrs go by.. These guys are coming back fine now.. I just watched Iman Shumpert come back no problem in less then a yr, in a sport u do nothing but run run run run , cut cut cut cut, run run run , cut cut cut..etc I feel Carradines charechter is that of a guy who wants to be very good and will work hard in his comeback from this injury, and a guy as young and hungry as him will come back fine in my opinion..

Casey Hampton a 325lb behemouth, has had 3 ACL reconstructions including his first one in college.. Adrien Peterson not only came back, but is back to being the best RB in football, and we seen Dom Hixon come back after multiple ACL's and play very well for us, and Jamal Lewis came back the next yr in 2002 after tearing his ACL and rush for 1300plus yrds, and u got Tom Brady who came back after his ACL injury just fine, and Roman Harper tore his ACL as a rook and was fine, had a really good career, and Nick Barnett, McGhahee, Edgerrin James, and Jerry Rice to the list as successful only a yr after there ACL tears...

In my opinion, it seems the players who are good players end up coming back and playing well.. If Carradine is gonna be a good player, i think he'll come into league and be good...
    dang, you make a good case

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I think Ogeltree may be the biggest bust in this draft. Some guys are just good football players in college but they don't fit well in the NFL.
    So what is Ogeltree? He's not a MLB. He's too small and can't shed blocks. Is he a WILL? Don't know. He's never played there before.
    Is he a 3-4 OLB? Maybe.
    Its not that he's not a good football player. Its that their is no obvious fit for him in the NFL. To me...that means he needs to be stayed away from in round 1.
    This defense doesn't really utilize a true MLB. There a loads of times that Boley was the MLB. Ogeltree is 235/240 range and in the NFC east they don't play a traditional 4-3 but 1st down. He is a sideline to sideline lb. I have to disagree w you. No being douce. Lauranatias they said same thing as well as urlacher.
    Last edited by GOBLUE24; 04-17-2013 at 12:29 PM.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Anything's a possibility with our team but it's not a good bet to take any LB especially since Reese ignores them. I mean it could be a great pick but it's Reese we're talking about. I don't think the Giants even scouted a LB since McClain.
    This such a washed up comment. Reese has only been a part of 6 drafts in which he chose 5 different positions in the 1st round: CB, S, WR, DE, and RB. Our LB is not even mediocre so him taking a solid LB in the 1st or 2nd is not a reach at all.

Ill be happy with a solid LB or CB but wont be suprised to see a DE or Oline pick. That wont bother me either as long as they are a stud.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I want an OL. Any OL that is worth that #19 pick. Warmack, Cooper, Fluker (borderline).

We'll probably end up drafting Vaccaro or Tavon though, since Reese likes to draft our MOST stacked position in the 1st round as of late. Wilson when we already had Bradshaw, Brown, and Scott (and could have swung Jacobs back easily), Prince when we had Webster and Ross both trucking, plus T2 was (at that point) coming back after only one ACL. JPP when we had Tuck and Osi. The last time we spend a 1st rounder on a non-stacked position was when we drafted Nicks.
    I can't blame JR for drafting at stacked positions if the talent is right for that pick because depth sure does seem to deplete pretty quickly (ala our secondary every single year). I think it'll be Vacarro because he's worthy of the 19th, he's a Safety and KP is gone, and it's a skill position like JR likes to draft in the 1st.

That being said, we alway spend high picks on the secondary, and yet they stink as a unit, year in and year out.

I would like Ansah or Fluker but I think they Giants will draft Werner.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

All this said, i'd rather trade down and add a pick or 2.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-up-from-no-30

Food for thought .
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.