+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: DRAFT: WHO DO YOU WANT VS WHO DO YOU THINK WE GET?

Xavier Rhodes and Ogletree would be perfect fits. X-man and the Prince...Webby we don't know if he'll bounce back, and T2 didn't even make it through preseason. Ogletree would be a nice fit because Dan Connor is oft injured and that would give him some playing time, i believe he would beat out herzlich, his upside and playmaking alone.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    "The Falcons have an extra fourth-round pick to play with this year." It's going to take a lot more than a 4th RD to move up to # 19 where the Giants are. Generally speaking I'd be willing to trade down and stock pile picks, but it's got to be something nice like a 2nd and 3rd rounder in there. Otherwise, we can get some very nice value at # 19.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I think Ogeltree may be the biggest bust in this draft. Some guys are just good football players in college but they don't fit well in the NFL.
    So what is Ogeltree? He's not a MLB. He's too small and can't shed blocks. Is he a WILL? Don't know. He's never played there before.
    Is he a 3-4 OLB? Maybe.
    Its not that he's not a good football player. Its that their is no obvious fit for him in the NFL. To me...that means he needs to be stayed away from in round 1.
    Not to mention his character issues. Getting drunk and partying is all fine and dandy, but getting a DUI the day before the Combine is inexcusable in my eyes. It reeks of an irresponsible person who can't be professional. It would be like any of us getting a DUI the day before a big job interview.

On a side note: Why the hell am I agreeing with Morehead so much?

You might want to watch out though, any negativity towards Ogletree labels you as a "massive hater". Though I think you're familiar with being labelled as such already...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Don't forget the giants could take a deal from falcons and add a pick next yr as well.. Say our first for falcons first and 4th and 3rd next yr...

Chance Warmack will be our pick if he is available.

Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Ants View Post
    Chance Warmack will be our pick if he is available.
    He won't be.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    He won't be.
    Rumour is he just might be... Rumour is Jon Cooper is the one being coveted by teams and there probably won't be 2 G's taken in top 20picks.. If that is true, Chance will be on board when we pick...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Rumour is he just might be... Rumour is Jon Cooper is the one being coveted by teams and there probably won't be 2 G's taken in top 20picks.. If that is true, Chance will be on board when we pick...
    I hope that that rumor is true. While I highly doubt that JR takes a G with the #19 pick, I'd like to see Warmack as an option when the Giants pick. I'd love to have that road-grater on the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Do you really think so?
    I'd be happy if it was true but I just don't see it.
    Let's hope you're right.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    "The Falcons have an extra fourth-round pick to play with this year." It's going to take a lot more than a 4th RD to move up to # 19 where the Giants are. Generally speaking I'd be willing to trade down and stock pile picks, but it's got to be something nice like a 2nd and 3rd rounder in there. Otherwise, we can get some very nice value at # 19.
    I read it would take a 3 rd round draft pick to move up from 30th to 19 th. ( 235 points more less if memory serves me well ).
    I would not mind that at all.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

+ Reply to Thread