+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: DRAFT: WHO DO YOU WANT VS WHO DO YOU THINK WE GET?

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Rumour is he just might be... Rumour is Jon Cooper is the one being coveted by teams and there probably won't be 2 G's taken in top 20picks.. If that is true, Chance will be on board when we pick...
    I don't think the Cowpies are that stupid to let Cooper or Warmack pass by them ( or if one of them is still available ) . That been said I easily could see them going after Fluker instead.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

My top 5:
    1) Mingo
    2) Ansah (very little chance)
    3) Rhodes
    4) trade back (Carradine, Arthur brown, Trufant, etc..) (possible teams: falcons, 49ers)
    5) I'm warming up to the idea of Warmack or Cooper if we can't trade back. In this draft with the lack of elite talent, it might be the right time to take a G. Wouldn't be crazy about it but I wouldn't hate the pick. Flukers pass protection scares me this high in the draft. Admittedly, I haven't watched many videos of him, just going by what I hear.

If Richardson was available I'd think about that as well. Although maybe someone would be willing to trade up for him.
    Last edited by DarceChoke; 04-18-2013 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    I read it would take a 3 rd round draft pick to move up from 30th to 19 th. ( 235 points more less if memory serves me well ).
    I would not mind that at all.
    Wow, a 3rd rounder and that's it? If we were trading down from say 25th to 30th, I'd have no problem. However, with the 19th pick, you can often count on someone dropping into your lap that was never supposed to be there to begin with (ala Prince).

Quote Originally Posted by DarceChoke View Post
    My top 5:
    1) Mingo
    2) Ansah (very little chance)
    3) Rhodes
    4) trade back (Carradine, Arthur brown, Trufant, etc..) (possible teams: falcons, 49ers)
    5) I'm warming up to the idea of Warmack or Cooper if we can't trade back. In this draft with the lack of elite talent, it might be the right time to take a G. Wouldn't be crazy about it but I wouldn't hate the pick. Flukers pass protection scares me this high in the draft. Admittedly, I haven't watched many videos of him, just going by what I hear.

If Richardson was available I'd think about that as well. Although maybe someone would be willing to trade up for him.
    I don't know if its so much not elite talent as its, no one knows how to seperate the talent as its closely contested.. The only positon i think is muddling up the draft to people and making em think there isn' talent is QB, as thats a weak positon this yr..

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    Wow, a 3rd rounder and that's it? If we were trading down from say 25th to 30th, I'd have no problem. However, with the 19th pick, you can often count on someone dropping into your lap that was never supposed to be there to begin with (ala Prince).
    That's what I'm banking for, a stud player slipping all the way to Reese's lap at 19 th.
    But that's the beauty and the emotion that goes thru the moment. Waiting until the last moment to field calls, hearing out trade value and what teams are willing to " overtrade "or " overpaid " to move up.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Ogletree would be nice, and a reasonable expectation @ 19

Ziggy would be great but will be long gone, not worth trading up for

Warmack

Cooper

BPA

or if our guy any guy in a position of need, a true stud not there trade down get more picks IE: ATL
    Last edited by stormin normand; 04-18-2013 at 01:32 PM.

+ Reply to Thread