+ Reply to Thread

Draft Positional Review: Wide Receiver

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...-wide-receiver

Excerpt: "Position: Wide receiver.

Depth chart:Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz (restricted free agent tender), Rueben Randle,Louis Murphy, Jerrel Jernigan, Brandon Collins, Kris Adams, Kevin Hardy.

The departed:Domenik Hixon (Carolina), Ramses Barden (free agent).

Scouting report: Nicks was severely limited by injuries last season, and it is imperative that the Giants get their lead receiver back to full strength. Nicks’ big-play ability was missing last season and Eli Manning and the offense suffered without it. Cruz will benefit even more from a healthy Nicks with more room to operate. We’ll have to see how Cruz’s contract situation impacts the receiver if it does at all this season.

The Giants need a third receiver to emerge, and Randle showed in the season finale that he can be that guy. The Giants will need the second-year receiver to continue to improve and work hard toward being what Mario Manningham was for the Giants. Jerry Reese is excited about the prospects of what Murphy might add to the offense as a speedy deep threat. Jernigan is entering his third season and has a chance to see snaps as a fourth receiver. He could also factor in as the team’s kickoff and punt returner.

The last time: The Giants selected Randle in the second round in 2012. " Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Has Ramses Barden even visited any teams? Good for us if we suffer any WR injuries in camp we can sign him. Cant say im surprised about Barden. I always felt that the Giants forced that pick because of Plaxico Burress. In spite of a very productive college career his lack of separation against division 1AA talent really worried me

As much as I hated the Barden pick, I couldn't fault them for it. Nicks was also a rookie that year, and Manningham had yet to produce up until that point. I just consider it fortunate that those stupid Braylon Edwards trade rumors amounted to nothing.