+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Darce Mock 4 (Final)

Darce Mock 4 (Final)

Round 1: Barkevious Mingo (LB/DE)
    Explosive athlete who would be a pass rusher and play some SAM on early downs. Has experience playing versus the option which would help us since we will be seeing it a lot. Gives the LB core a playmaker while primarily upgrading our pass rush. I think the Saints go in a different direction and I think the steelers have a choice of Jarvis Jones and Mingo. Ultimately I believe the Steelers choose Jones and Mingo falls right into our laps. Mingo is one of the few guys I can see developing into a star from this draft and with our coaching staff I think he reaches that ceiling and becomes a 10+ sack guy in the future.

Round 2: Arthur Brown (LB)
    He will be a MLB in the NFL if he can stay at 240lbs but could play any LB position and should be an immediate starter over a journeyman type Dan Connor. Amazing athlete, good at stacking and shedding, good in coverage, all around solid player. I have him "falling" a bit in this mock due to being a non pass rushing linebacker and his size. I also saw a few mocks that have him going to Chicago right after our pick in round 2. I don't think he'd get past the giants in that case.

Was really tempted to put Larry Warford in this spot but I think the depth at guard is better than MLB.

Round 3: Baccari Rambo (S)
    with Stevie Brown on a one year tender and Rolles huge contract (which could be cut next year) Saftey is a bigger need then it is perceived to be. Rambo would have a year to develop and would provide some depth his rookie year. It would allow Rolles contract to be cut the following year, opening up some more cap space in a year where we are project to have a decent amount of room already. I wanted to take a CB or OL here but don't see anyone with enough value.

If Travis Frederick C/G was here maybe that's the direction I'd go.

Round 4: Chris Faulk (OT)
    Competition with Brewer for the RT job. Great size for the position.

Round 5: Oday Aboushi (OT/G)
    I see him moving to G in the NFL because he's not an "elite" athlete but could possibly play RT as depth in case of injury. The value would be really good at this point in the draft.

After making this, I'd probably like to see OL drafted in the top 3 rounds. I'd really love to trade back in the first if Mingo, Rhodes, Ansah are not there and get an extra pick to draft some OL early.
    Last edited by DarceChoke; 04-17-2013 at 11:00 AM.

I like this, very diffrent.. I don't know if I'd rather have a Mingo or Rambo jersey..?

Not a mingo fan but like the rest of the draft.

Carter.525 - Rambo for sure!!! how sweet would that be. Id actually get a custom one that said "First Blood" as the name

Veteran
    Mingo is pretty much the only guy I want in first round that has the potential to be there.

jets are gonna snatch bingo
    FUTURE NFL STAR

Quote Originally Posted by ryan12 View Post
    jets are gonna snatch bingo
    or the Saints

I really like this I think

I don't like Mingo for the Giants. We've already seen 3-4 OLBs have issues translating into a 4-3 front.

Love Arthur Brown ... I think he's the best MLB candidate in the draft.

Rambo I'm not thrilled with ... great player but we're kind of stacked in our secondary currently. Would rather address OL here.

Faulk I like.

Aboushi I dislike intensely. He's just a big fat guy masquerading as a football player imo.

+ Reply to Thread