+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

If u think this Offseason was a Mess, Wait til Next's Years Offseason

I was looking at the expiring contracts at the end of this season and players with 1 year left after this season and its going to be a big mess.

Eli will be making $10.75M next season and deserves it...hes our franchise QB.

Jacobs will be making $4.4M next year in a backup role with Bradshad making $3M.

The Receiver situation is scary because Mario Manningham's contract will be up next year. Hakeem Nicks deserves more than $750k and Cruz deserves more than $490k...we could have a holdout here. Hixon is in his last year of his contract too. Jake Ballard is in his final year as well, I dont see Reese going out the way to give Ballard a big contract if some other team does.

The Offensive Line will see some changes. Mckenzie contract will be up, He most likely will not be resigned unless he takes a huge paycut. Snee will be making $5.7M and been underperforming, Diehl will be making 3.8M and Baas will get an increase next year from 1M to 3M next year.

At Defensive End...Osi will most likely make trade demands but JPP will be in his second year of his rookie contract and is only $825k, he deserves more than that. Canty will be making $6M...he needs to take a paycut or we will be seeing some holdouts there. Kiwi will be making 4M next season.

At Linebacker, Goff's contract is up, and he will be coming back from injury, Boley will make $4M.

At Secondary unit...we invested alot of money here and still we got players who really need to get paid more. Ross will not be resigned, unless they choose not to pay Thomas who is coming back from injury. Kenny Phillips will have one more year remaining and has been our best play in the secondary and still playing on a ROOKIE contract. Phillips may hold out because with his knee condition, I think its smart for him to make as much guaranteed money as he can.

Next year could be a big mess. I dont know all these players agents. But if they have Drew Rohenaus we are in big trouble. Next year, will almost look like a rebuilding period and imagine if we fire the coaching staff....we would really be rebuilding.

Re: If u think this Offseason was a Mess, Wait til Next's Years Offseason

I don't think it will be a huge issue since a lot of those guys are really expendable, especially manningham, his inconsistency isn't worth more than 1.5-2mil cap hit. I don't think ballard will cost much because I'm pretty sure he will be a RFA and let's be honest, he's Dan Campbell who made a once in a lifetime catch. A lot of these linemen are pushing towards 10th seasons, and have never been as good as they were in the first half of 2008. Its very similiar to how the Brown-Parker-Zeigler-Stone regression started going down.

The only issues I see are keeping Cruz and Kiwi

[quote user="NYG 5"]I don't think it will be a huge issue since a lot of those guys are really expendable, especially manningham, his inconsistency isn't worth more than 1.5-2mil cap hit. I don't think ballard will cost much because I'm pretty sure he will be a RFA and let's be honest, he's Dan Campbell who made a once in a lifetime catch. A lot of these linemen are pushing towards 10th seasons, and have never been as good as they were in the first half of 2008. Its very similiar to how the Brown-Parker-Zeigler-Stone regression started going down. The only issues I see are keeping Cruz and Kiwi[/quote]I agree, I see much more opportunity in our contract situations than problems. I think we get to clean up thing considerably. An example would be in how thngs have changed for the better since pre-season at WR. Back then we didn't have any idea how good Cruz is. With his emergence we will get top production for minimal salary cap hit. At the same time we won't have to over pay MM for his considerable inconsistency and lack of field discipline.It's all part of the regenerating process and we will be fine.
    No one remembers who came in second.

I think they find a way to keep Manningham. There's other fat to be cut.

I very much doubt any of the young guys hold out, they know they are in contract years and will try to put up better numbers to earn more money. That's what the vast vast majority of players do. It's exceedingly rare for players to hold out, that's why it makes the news

[quote user="T-Murda84"]I was looking at the expiring contracts at the end of this season and players with 1 year left after this season and its going to be a big mess.

Eli will be making $10.75M next season and deserves it...hes our franchise QB.

Jacobs will be making $4.4M next year in a backup role with Bradshad making $3M.

The Receiver situation is scary because Mario Manningham's contract will be up next year. Hakeem Nicks deserves more than $750k and Cruz deserves more than $490k...we could have a holdout here. Hixon is in his last year of his contract too. Jake Ballard is in his final year as well, I dont see Reese going out the way to give Ballard a big contract if some other team does.

The Offensive Line will see some changes. Mckenzie contract will be up, He most likely will not be resigned unless he takes a huge paycut. Snee will be making $5.7M and been underperforming, Diehl will be making 3.8M and Baas will get an increase next year from 1M to 3M next year.

At Defensive End...Osi will most likely make trade demands but JPP will be in his second year of his rookie contract and is only $825k, he deserves more than that. Canty will be making $6M...he needs to take a paycut or we will be seeing some holdouts there. Kiwi will be making 4M next season.

At Linebacker, Goff's contract is up, and he will be coming back from injury, Boley will make $4M.

At Secondary unit...we invested alot of money here and still we got players who really need to get paid more. Ross will not be resigned, unless they choose not to pay Thomas who is coming back from injury. Kenny Phillips will have one more year remaining and has been our best play in the secondary and still playing on a ROOKIE contract. Phillips may hold out because with his knee condition, I think its smart for him to make as much guaranteed money as he can.

Next year could be a big mess. I dont know all these players agents. But if they have Drew Rohenaus we are in big trouble. Next year, will almost look like a rebuilding period and imagine if we fire the coaching staff....we would really be rebuilding.[/quote]

Don't be surprised if they let both Bradshaw and Jacobs go. Manningham will likely be gone and not that much of a loss given Nicks and Cruz. Barden should be released, IMO as should Beckum, Diehl, Baas and maybe McKenzie.

They have serious CAP ground to make up in order to get some decent FA's, short term, for the OLine and LB slots.

I'd sign Nicks and Cruz to long term extensions.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

MM has no leverage at all. If he doesn't like the Giants offer they let him walk. He is not going to be a great loss if he leaves. They'll trade Osi and move Kiwi BACK to DE again. As for the db's TT is a wait and see maybe a 1 year deal to see if he's ok, Ross is GONE!! They willbe fine.

Releasing Beckum and Barden saves them very little in terms of cap.

No sense in cutting either unless they have other players that are upgrades.

[quote user="slipknottin"]Releasing Beckum and Barden saves them very little in terms of cap.

No sense in cutting either unless they have other players that are upgrades.[/quote]

Slip, you could replace both of them as a upgrade!
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="slipknottin"]Releasing Beckum and Barden saves them very little in terms of cap.

No sense in cutting either unless they have other players that are upgrades.[/quote]

Slip, you could replace both of them as a upgrade!
    [/quote]

Not disagreeing, but you keep both of them until you find their upgrades, and if it's aminor upgrade, you may chose not to do it if that player costs significantly more.