+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The reason why myself & everyone else is being so hard on Nicks lately..

Is because this guy isn't just a very good receiver, he's a GREAT, elite receiver & I thought he would step into the top 5 this season.

For mostly anyone else 71 REC, 1,116 yards, 6 TD's is a really good season.

Nicks has the capability of being an 85+ REC, 1,200-1300+, 13+ TD receiver in this league.

That's the only reason for the criticism & I think everyone else sees it like that.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Re: The reason why myself & everyone else is being so hard on Nicks lately..

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]Is because this guy isn't just a very good receiver, he's a GREAT, elite receiver & I thought he would step into the top 5 this season.

Nicks has the capability of being an 85+ REC, 1,200-1300+, 13+ TD receiver in this league.

That's the only reason for the criticism & I think everyone else sees it like that.
    [/quote]I agreee with your points and frustration. He has had more lack of concentration this year than in the past. I wonder if something is going on in his personal life or maybe he's still trying to adjust to so many double teams..............doesn't know what to do when he pops free...................or maybe he's trying too hard to live up to the expectations. Let's hope for a stellar return to form on Sunday. Go Nicks! GO GIANTS!!
    No one remembers who came in second.

He's previously proven to have great hands. Yeah dropping so many is concerning. Makes me wonder if he needs glasses.

Bench Player

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]Is because this guy isn't just a very good receiver, he's a GREAT, elite receiver & I thought he would step into the top 5 this season.

[/quote]

thats obvious Bro. If he sucked no one would care...

[quote user="Buckeroo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]That's not true on these boards. Sinorice Moss sucked and people here cared alot. []
    No one remembers who came in second.

There's no doubt that Nicks needs to step up and get this catching issue solved. Really, the entire receiving core as a whole needs to work on this. It always seems we have one or two guys down in the slumps. Cruz had his period, Ballard did in the middle of the season, and now it's Nicks.

One thing that people need to appreciate more about Nicks though is the fact he took so much attention away from Cruz and helped him have his break out season.

Bench Player

[quote user="jomo"][quote user="Buckeroo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]That's not true on these boards. Sinorice Moss sucked and people here cared alot. [][/quote]

true.....but they didnt care that he sucked they cared why he was still on the team......

[quote user="jomo"][quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]Is because this guy isn't just a very good receiver, he's a GREAT, elite receiver & I thought he would step into the top 5 this season.

[/quote]I agreee with your points and frustration. He has had more lack of concentration this year than in the past. I wonder if something is going on in his personal life or maybe he's still trying to adjust to so many double teams..............doesn't know what to do when he pops free...................or maybe he's trying too hard to live up to the expectations. Let's hope for a stellar return to form on Sunday. Go
    Nicks! GO GIANTS!![/quote]

+1

Some people say it's the gloves he's been using? lol.. who knows but wasn't he previously using the white ones? Aha
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

#80 - Get well soon Vic

[quote user="jomo"][quote user="Buckeroo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]That's not true on these boards. Sinorice Moss sucked and people here cared alot. [][/quote]

Lord knows.... hahaha
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

#80 - Get well soon Vic

[quote user="TheEnigma"]There's no doubt that Nicks needs to step up and get this catching issue solved. Really, the entire receiving core as a whole needs to work on this. It always seems we have one or two guys down in the slumps. Cruz had his period, Ballard did in the middle of the season, and now it's Nicks.

One thing that people need to appreciate more about Nicks though is the fact he took so much attention away from Cruz and helped him have his break out season.[/quote]

It really is eerie that when one player has a drop they come like flies to a dumpster... they come in bunches... such HUGE drops with Nicks though which is why it's the most frustrating & magnified.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

#80 - Get well soon Vic