+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Banks or Trufant in the 1st?

Banks or Trufant in the 1st?

Which would you choose if you had to pick one of the two in the first round and why. I am curious because I do not think Rhodes will be there and Milliner will not be there unless something absolutely insane happened... Banks was considered a top 10 pick at times of the pre draft process. After the combine he is now graded as a late 1st early 2nd. He has great size and can make plays on the ball. He is a little bit slower than I would prefer but he is definitely a good CB. Trufant is a fast CB who is rising up the boards quickly as of late for his Senior Bowl performance and the numbers he threw up at the combine.

I actually find this to be a pretty tough decision but I think that Banks could be a potential lock down CB in the league if he can get his press down good and be able to use his size to his advantage. I really do like Trufant but he doesnt have that great of stats coming out of college. That also is partly because of the fact that teams pretty much avoided his side the entire game because the rest of his team was not great on the defensive end..

Banks Highlight
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NrV1ii6yPM

T
    rufant Highlight
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS1hnBKuQmo

Not that I'm saying the Giants should target a CB in the 1st or 2nd round but there's a strong possibility that Banks could slide all the way to 49. That been said both players are a " reach " at 19.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trufant has the biggest impact of any CB's in this class, in year 1. I'd love to have him at 19. Brings a lot of attitude to the game, and that's something this defense desperately needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Trufant.. No doubt. Like someone else said, Banks is more of 2nd rounder even tho corners tend to go quick in drafts.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Trufant has the biggest impact of any CB's in this class, in year 1. I'd love to have him at 19. Brings a lot of attitude to the game, and that's something this defense desperately needs.
    I'd like the Trufant pick, especially if we followed up with LBer. There's a reason Trufants seen as a late 1st rounder, he's no Milliner, who I see def being the impact rookie corner next year. The kid just shut dudes out. Of course it all depends on the program they land in.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Banks has become so underrated IMO. The guy was a top 20 pick before the combine because of his tape but the fact he ran a bad time he just keeps sliding. I love the guy as a prospect and was my favorite corners for much of last year. I admit Rhodes overtook him for me the more I watched him because of his excellent size, coverage and make-up but....Banks is long, rangey, scrappy and feisty as hell. Whoever ends up getting him whether it's late first or the second round will be getting a steal in my opinion. Would love if he slid and the Giants got him the second.

I'm not as big on Trufant as others here. I think he'll be a good NFL corner but not elite by any measure.

I did my mock in February with Trufant as our first pick. I'm sticking to it. I think the kid is a stud and would push Webby early. I'm not a big Banks fan.

Yeah I was one of the few people who were on the trufant bandwagon pre combine. I think he will be a very solid player. Banks is going to be a boom ot bust IMO. It is crazy how far he has fallen. I think that people look at the combine numbers too much when. Raising and lowering players stock. Banks has star potential but I think Trufant is the safer pick.

Taking Rhodes and Milliner out of the equation the only CB I would go after in the first round is that kid in HU, D. J. Hayden, mark my words, he is going to be a stud in the NFL.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    Taking Rhodes and Milliner out of the equation the only CB I would go after in the first round is that kid in HU, D. J. Hayden, mark my words, he is going to be a stud in the NFL.
    Didn't you say you loved J.Taylor.... If you were a GM would you take Hayden over him with the heart situation and all? Me, I might be a little worried taking DJ in the 1st.

+ Reply to Thread