+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Banks or Trufant in the 1st?

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    Taking Rhodes and Milliner out of the equation the only CB I would go after in the first round is that kid in HU, D. J. Hayden, mark my words, he is going to be a stud in the NFL.
    Hayden is sick for sure. First rounder sounds pretty risky though with his near death injury in practice where he like tore the biggest vein in your body and they had to drill his chest open to save his life. He is getting back to his old self I believe and is pretty close I think. I have no idea where he is projected but he is the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    Taking Rhodes and Milliner out of the equation the only CB I would go after in the first round is that kid in HU, D. J. Hayden, mark my words, he is going to be a stud in the NFL.
    there is not much drop off between rhodes/milliner and trufant. talk about a reach, dj hayden has an injury history and that alone removes him from contention for the 19th pick.

It is kind of crazy to think that pre combine it was a reach that Banks would fall to us and now it probably be considered a reach to take him at 19 haha. What did he run in the 40? I am on my phone right now was it in the 4.5s? I think it was like a 4.6 not sure though. Two tenths of a second can really cost you some $ haha.

Is it crazy Banks would fall to us we got Prince at 19 and I feel he was a better prospect

Trufant for me.. I think he'll be in the conversation at 19

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Is it crazy Banks would fall to us we got Prince at 19 and I feel he was a better prospect
    Well I am not saying that is crazy that he probably will fall to our pick, I am saying it is straight to think that he was the #2 CB on almost every site I looked at prior to the combine and now he is #4 on most of the lists now because of a poor combine... Now he could potentially be anywhere from a very late first to mid second round according to sites projections but who knows. I think all of these non football numbers distort the draft a lot from how it would be if it were merely the tapes that decided players draft slots. Kind of like Moore from Texas A&M, he was projected to be a top 5-10 pick and now Dion Jordan is thought to be a top 5 lock (partly because of his performance at the combine) and Moore could very well be on the board when we are picking as well.

I just watched a sports science where they measured getting off the line once the ball is snapped and sprinting 10 yards and Moore was like .01 seconds behind Jordan... I think quickness especially at certain positions is much more valuable to have then speed. Moore is pegged now as a slow player but he gets off of the line very well and has a nice speed rush because of the quickness he has off of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Didn't you say you loved J.Taylor.... If you were a GM would you take Hayden over him with the heart situation and all? Me, I might be a little worried taking DJ in the 1st.
    He had a freak injury and has been cleared to play. He was a 1st round talent prior to the injury and from recent reports it looks like he's back at full strenght. He was one of the original 1st round CB prospects and that's what I'm referring about considering him in the first round. That been said I don't think the Giants are " targeting " a CB that high and if they do go after one I would love if they get Jamar Taylor ( great instincts and a ball hawk ) in the second, at his true value. I do agree a lot of GM's are going to look away but I have a hunch someone is going to take a " chance " on him ( late first or more probably early to mid 2nd round ) and my gut feeling is that he is going to rock on sundays.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Hayden is sick for sure. First rounder sounds pretty risky though with his near death injury in practice where he like tore the biggest vein in your body and they had to drill his chest open to save his life. He is getting back to his old self I believe and is pretty close I think. I have no idea where he is projected but he is the real deal.
    Funny thing is the " experts " and reports are still projecting him very high. I guess that the recent medical reports and his pro day ( 4.38 40 ) are getting him back in the mix. That been said I do agree there is some uncertainty about his status and don't know how his stock will be affected. If some GM's do their medical work on him and see he is fine then he will go early on draft day, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    there is not much drop off between rhodes/milliner and trufant. talk about a reach, dj hayden has an injury history and that alone removes him from contention for the 19th pick.
    Its going to be interesting how Hayden's draft day is going to turn out. He already is a winner in my eyes.

Trufant would certainly be my pick, however, there are some interesting players at CB in the second and third rounds that may be available. Reese says he will pick the best player available and I believe him. It will be interesting to see who he picks.

+ Reply to Thread