+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GiantPride13 Final Mock!!

GiantPride13 Final Mock!!

1st – DE – Bjoern Werner (FSU) – Guy is a top 10 talents that has fallen due to poor combines despite his great seasons/careers and game film. “IF” he falls to 19 (which it appears he may will) then he would be a steal and get the GMen DE pass rush back up to tops in the league. Tuck, JPP, Kiwi, Werner looks a lot better than Tuck, JPP, OSI.

2nd – David Amerson (NCS) – At 6’1” 205 lbs he has prototype size to go along with elite 4.35 speed. Has Great ball skills. Personally I think he should be a 1st rounder but is projected 2-3. His stock slid this year due to his INT’s going from 13, in 2011, to 5, in 2012. I feel this was more due to his opponents not targeting his way nearly as much. He did get beat a few times this year but that happens. If he makes it to the GMEN in the second it’s a great pick.

3rd – OLB – Sio Moore (UConn) – my personal favorite LB in the draft. 6’1”, 245lbs, 4.65 40yrd dash, 29 reps @225, 38” Vertical, 10’07” Broad jump. Absolute Freak Athlete! Can cover TEs and RBs as well as rush the passer. Solid tackler, doesn’t get out of position in space. Better LB than any we have on our roster now, no offense to JWill.

4th – OG/OT/OC – David Quessenberry (SJS) – One of the most versatile OLmen in the draft. Can play all along the OL. Has great Athleticism. Projected to go as a RT but with our offensive line and the injuries that occur in the NFL it is a great value to have a guy who can play all along the line. I see him becoming very good RT opposite Will Beatty. At the worst a good backup all across the line.

5th – TE – Nick Kasa (Colo) – Big TE 6’6” and 269lbs but remains fast enough to be a factor in the passing game (4.7 40yd). Is a mean blocker who has surprisingly soft hands. Had a team high 15.6 yards per reception this year. We need a good blocking TE and Kasa is just that. Converted from a DE and understands how to block DEs. He is still developing as a TE and will only get better!

6th – RB – Zac Stacy (Vandy) – MOST UNDERATED PLAYER IN THE DRAFT! Is a bowling ball of a RB. Reminds me of Ray Rice to be honest. 5’9” 215lbs and very shifty but runs with power. Another freak athlete, he is extremely explosive. Has a workhorse mentality and can run the ball 20+ times a game.

7th – Earl Wolff (NCS) – Another Freak athlete in the NCS secondary but also extremely instinctual. Is great in run support (340Tackles over the last 3 seasons). Has long arms to disrupt the ball is flight. Takes good angles and doesn’t over run the ball carrier. Good in Zone coverage and reads the QB well. Could be a steal of the draft.

7th – QB – Peter Lalich (Cal Penn) – Was a D1 recruit and started his career with Virginia but was released do to a Underage Drinking incident. He transferred to Oregon State but again a drinking incident ended with his dismissal from the program. He eventually ended up playing for a DII California University of Pennsylvania where he had a great end to his career. Every College kid drinks and he made some mistakes and was very unlucky but not a bad kid, no a drug abuser, was just a young dumb kid. Now on to football. The kid can play QB in the NFL. No QB in this class can throw like him. He throws a tighter spiral with more arm strength and accuracy than anyone at the combine. He absolutely dominated the competition at DII, 335 yards a game and 31 TDs. He is prototype NFL QB at 6’5” 245lbs but the most impressive part of this kid’s game is between his ears. His coaches have praised his Football IQ and have gone so far as to call him a Football Savant. Would be great to pick him up and see how he develops

What do you think guys?

I love your first 3 picks and think Kasa could go in the 4 th round.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Earl Wolff will be gone by the third or fourth according to mayock.

Bronx NYC ......... Justin Gilbert "bandwagoneer"
    Great draft with the exception being David Amerson. I've spoken my peace on him many times here and I'm not a fan. Werner, Moore and DQ are solid picks in the first 4 rounds. I like Kasa and Stacy where you have them. I really don't see Wolf being there in the 7th though....There's talk of him going in the 3rd.

Other than my little nit-picks the draft looks like a success. I'd be very happy for the most part. Good job.

Big fan of this mock mainly due to Sio Moore. He's a guy I just started watching and he would look great in our LB core, especially in round 3.

I'd be over the moon with this mock.

One of the best I've seen on these boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlerman17 View Post
    Earl Wolff will be gone by the third or fourth according to mayock.
    weird i looked on alot of draft stock watch lists and haven't seen him any higher than the 7th. makes sense though with his great athleticism. if hes gone then plug in some other crazy raw athlete at DB, WR, or DE

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I'd be over the moon with this mock.

One of the best I've seen on these boards.
    Thanks feel like it addresses needs with great value.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    I love your first 3 picks and think Kasa could go in the 4 th round.
    I hope not but i would take him in the 4th if needed. kids ganna be a beast

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Great draft with the exception being David Amerson. I've spoken my peace on him many times here and I'm not a fan. Werner, Moore and DQ are solid picks in the first 4 rounds. I like Kasa and Stacy where you have them. I really don't see Wolf being there in the 7th though....There's talk of him going in the 3rd.

Other than my little nit-picks the draft looks like a success. I'd be very happy for the most part. Good job.
    I agree about Amerson. I was really high on him last season with the wolfpack, thought he was similar to hosley with the INT's. But yea, he got beat way too often, and dissapointed.

+ Reply to Thread