+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stricks Final Mock

Stricks Final Mock

1st round: Desmond Trufant CB Washington- Mocked him in my first and I still like the pick. I think he is going to be a solid CB in the NFL for years to come.

2nd round: Alex Okafor DE Texas- Hard to pass up a pass rusher like this if he is there in the 2nd round. I think he would be a nice player to put next to JPP.

3rd round: Brian Winters OT/OG Kent St- Versatile guy and the Giants seem to like him.

4th round: A.J Klein ILB Iowa St.- Under rated in pass coverage and swarms the ball on the run. I think he is a very good pick in the 4th

5th round: Ty Powell OLB Harding- Athletic freak, has played on every level of a defense in college. He has really good closing speed also

6th round: Ricky Wagner OT Wisc- Big guy who did not perform well at the Senior bowl but Wisconsin has put out some good OL recently and he was rated much higher than this before the Senior bowl. I like the value in the 6th

7th round: Rontez Miles S Cal (PA)- Hard hitter, I would like to see him de-cleat Dez and Desean haha

7th round: Rex Burkhead RB Nebraska- Workhorse for Nebraska. I have seen him play a lot and I think that if he was not injured last year he would be a mid round selection. He is a guy who can do it all and has great character as well.

I feel good about taking Trufant in the 1st if we come away with Okafor in the 2nd.. This is a nice mock, I like the Powell pick too

Thanks man. I tried to add a few players that aren't in many mocks on here just to keep it fresh ya know haha.I really want it to be draft day! I wanna see what kind of magic the man JR has got up his sleeve this year.

I like ths mock. Would be even better if we could trade back and get Trufant while picking up a 3rd or late 2nd.

Trufant doesn't excite me but I wouldn't mind it either (depending who we passed on for him).

I HIGHLY doubt Okafor lasts until our 2nd pick. That would be awesome if he did though.

Love Winters and Klein.

Only guy I'm not thrilled with later on is Wagner.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Trufant doesn't excite me but I wouldn't mind it either (depending who we passed on for him).

I HIGHLY doubt Okafor lasts until our 2nd pick. That would be awesome if he did though.

Love Winters and Klein.

Only guy I'm not thrilled with later on is Wagner.
    I agree with you about Trufant. Great cover guy not the best tackler, that being said id take the next Deon Sanders in a second (not saying he will be). I wouldnt hate of love the pick.

IDK about Okafor. Havent really heard of his draft stock dropping just havent heard any GM talking about him. like they are keeping a lid on him hoping he falls to them. Could go anywhere from Mid/Late 1st to early 2nd, but agree i dont think he makes it to 19 in the 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by GiantPride13 View Post
    I agree with you about Trufant. Great cover guy not the best tackler, that being said id take the next Deon Sanders in a second (not saying he will be). I wouldnt hate of love the pick.

IDK about Okafor. Havent really heard of his draft stock dropping just havent heard any GM talking about him. like they are keeping a lid on him hoping he falls to them. Could go anywhere from Mid/Late 1st to early 2nd, but agree i dont think he makes it to 19 in the 2nd
    Yeah I was not sure if he could make it that far but I have seen it mocked to us on some sites so who knows maybe. I would be pumped if he did slide that far though. CBSsports has him graded as a 2nd rounder. So it could be possible but I think he could go much higher than our 2nd rounder.

+ Reply to Thread