+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

The Truth Hurts!

In 2011, we were not a dominant team. We got hot at the end and it took several amazing comeback wins to even get into the playoffs. We didn't dominate in the SB either. So, if you look at our 2012 performance and factor in the lag in motivation and passion that comes to all teams after they win a SB I think our results match our talent level. In 2011 the coaches and the players took a team that was not great by any measure and won it all. So now, after 2012 season, we should realize how much effort it took and how lucky we are( not saying we won by luck) to have won it all 2011, instead of looking for coaches to fire and players to cut. The truth is we were more Cinderella than Dream Team.
    Last edited by B&RWarrior; 04-17-2013 at 01:35 PM.

Yes.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

All-Pro
    They did finish with the exact same regular season record the last two years.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    The truth is we were more Cinderella than Dream Team.
    ...and I wouldn't trade that for the world.

#80 get well soon...

Right....and any NE fan would trade their regular season dominance for another ring if it had to come in cinderella fashion

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    Right....and any NE fan would trade their regular season dominance for another ring if it had to come in cinderella fashion
    And most if not all Eagles fans would give back both Miracle's at the Meadowland's for two Lombardi Trophies.

what is this? im sorry but i really am at a loss for the purpose of this post. So we shouldn't focus on what players we can improve upon bc we won the SB bc we are a mediocre team talent wise that really is an avg team? you're all over the place.

we did and still do have an especially great tenet to the SB in 2011; Eli. Our pass game was great all year and postseason and led the way to the SB. Now, last year without a healthy Nicks, the aspect of our team we rely too heavily on couldn't perform to that same level. Meaning, no other aspect stepped up, thus we have aspects of the team to improve upon, which really means we have players we can improve upon.

We aren't a dream team even tho we've had dream runs to the SB? Again, you're confusing. I get what you are implying, but its just convoluted...

I am a HUGE homer for this team, and that said, we def. can get better. and we also def. have the talent to be great. and we def. have the talent of a SB team. NOT an avg. team. There are a ton of factors that your attempt at "truth" simply don't even fathom, therefore, maybe the title should read, "My opinion hurts." and yes it does lol...nah that last part was a joke, but I do disagree with this post.

and i also feel there are several "great" aspects/players to this team. we just have some holes (as all teams do), pretty basic, simple stuff that should in no way lead anyone else to the conclusion that "we just aren't good/great"...2 SBs in 4 yrs screams otherwise, 9-7 or not...i think you should focus more on consistency. that i can fully agree with. why are we two diff. teams at the same time; the SB team and the 9-7 team? why can't we just be that SB team more often, doesnt have to be perfect or unblemished all year, but c'mon...3-4 weeks were absolutely brutal/terrible last year, 3-4 weeks were bad, 3-4 weeks were avg and somewhat lucky, and 4-5 weeks we were pretty dominant...we need to see that dominant unit much more frequently.

Most teams that get into a championship game in their sport catch a hot hand at the right time. The Heat have probably been the most consistent the season they won theirs but then again their season was a shortened one and they had a few ups and downs. It is the nature of sports.

Sports are a mix of luck, skill and calls/breaks that go your way. It is the randomness that makes it great. Cinderella team or not they were the last team standing.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    what is this? im sorry but i really am at a loss for the purpose of this post. So we shouldn't focus on what players we can improve upon bc we won the SB bc we are a mediocre team talent wise that really is an avg team? you're all over the place.

we did and still do have an especially great tenet to the SB in 2011; Eli. Our pass game was great all year and postseason and led the way to the SB. Now, last year without a healthy Nicks, the aspect of our team we rely too heavily on couldn't perform to that same level. Meaning, no other aspect stepped up, thus we have aspects of the team to improve upon, which really means we have players we can improve upon.

We aren't a dream team even tho we've had dream runs to the SB? Again, you're confusing. I get what you are implying, but its just convoluted...

I am a HUGE homer for this team, and that said, we def. can get better. and we also def. have the talent to be great. and we def. have the talent of a SB team. NOT an avg. team. There are a ton of factors that your attempt at "truth" simply don't even fathom, therefore, maybe the title should read, "My opinion hurts." and yes it does lol...nah that last part was a joke, but I do disagree with this post.
    Every other poster that replied had no trouble comprehending the post. RIF...