+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: just a thought

just a thought

If Warmack,Ogletree or Woerner or any other top DE is avail when we pick,who do you think JR will go with?
    "it don't cost you nothing to be nice"

All-Pro
    DE all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    DE all the way.
    Don't count on it
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Don't count on it
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by giantcarll View Post
    If Warmack,Ogletree or Woerner or any other top DE is avail when we pick,who do you think JR will go with?
    Of those three I would say they would pass on all of them. I can't see them taking a G or LB in the first and Werner isn't the physical freak that the Giants like at DE.

If Werner falls to us I'm fairly certain we pull the trigger on him.

Even if Warmack is there.

Warmack is going to be an all-world G.. JR won't pass

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
    Of those three I would say they would pass on all of them. I can't see them taking a G or LB in the first and Werner isn't the physical freak that the Giants like at DE.
    So you say even if all three of them is there JR would not take any of them ,then who do you think he is looking at any position for that pick?
    "it don't cost you nothing to be nice"

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
    i really don't understand this logic. Who would you rather have? Our biggest immediate needs are at OL and LB. If warmack (regarded as a top tier guard prospect) or Ogletree (regarded as the best cover LB to come out in a while, and good at getting pressure/shooting the gaps) fall to us, we have to consider them.

People listen to Mel Kiper too much. This overvalue/undervalue talk regarding specific positions in a specific round is incredibly overrated. If a team thnks Warmack or Ogletree are not only the best available player, but they address a need, you take them.

If either fall to us, and we pass, we're potentially missing out on future pro-bowlers at their positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Why?
    I don't see DE as a more pressing need than Oline. But my real caution is because Reese takes some hard turns in the draft that no one ever predicts. JPP and Amukamara being the most recent.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1