+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: just a thought

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I don't see DE as a more pressing need than Oline. But my real caution is because Reese takes some hard turns in the draft that no one ever predicts. JPP and Amukamara being the most recent.
    They weren't hard turns. They where the best players available at that time. As much as the OL needs to improve, they struggled to get to the QB last year. That is what they pride themselves on and that is how they won two Super Bowls. They have 1 reliable pass rushing DE right now. That is not what they want. Reese has said that you can never have enough pass rushers right? Well right now they don't have that many any more.

Well if the past Reese drafts are any indication, it will be someone few will expect. Of the thousands of these threads i've read over the years, few have predicted who we will take or what postition we will go after(although we know the gmen love pass rushers). No doubt there will be threads of why didn't we take this guy or fill this position minutes after the pick. Just have to wait and see. Any news from reese is usually a smoke screen. He doesn't show his hand. Just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    They weren't hard turns. They where the best players available at that time. As much as the OL needs to improve, they struggled to get to the QB last year. That is what they pride themselves on and that is how they won two Super Bowls. They have 1 reliable pass rushing DE right now. That is not what they want. Reese has said that you can never have enough pass rushers right? Well right now they don't have that many any more.
    And the have Tracy and Ojomo they need to either play or get rid of.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 04-19-2013 at 01:28 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Hard turns is a reference to unexpected
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

All-Pro
    And the have Tracy and Ojomo they needs to either play or get rid of.
    Those guys are as reliable at this point as the OL's they have waiting to get a chance.

All-Pro
    Hard turns is a reference to unexpected
    Eh, it was said that Reese had JPP very highly ranked on his board and Prince was a no brained when he fell because some teams reached for QB's.

Those guys are as reliable at this point as the OL's they have waiting to get a chance.
    Both Tracy and Ojomo have shown some potential and we can't say that about Brewer, McCants, or Mosley.

# 80

All-Pro
    Both Tracy and Ojomo have shown some potential and we can't say that about Brewer, McCants, or Mosley.
    A very small sample and nothing so impressive that they should rely on them for this upcoming season. Just saying they can find a good RT or OG later in the draft. A pass rushing DE is a more valuable 1st round pick.

I don't see Reese passing on Bjorn Werner if hes on the board even if Warmack is there.. I think Werner will lead his big board, personally..

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    If Werner falls to us I'm fairly certain we pull the trigger on him.

Even if Warmack is there.
    I haven't seen enough of Werner to make my own assessment, but before we were hearing he's a top 5 pick.....post combine,there's a chance he's there at 19, & more recently I've heard people say teams aren't as high on him as some think & he's more of a late 1st guy.....