+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Jerrell Jernigan Bust or Breakout Season

I've seen Jernigan in on some plays. He looks like he could be a playmaker, i think he needs more playing time. As that slot receiver he could be perfect with cruz and nicks on the outside. The return against they Saints was the best, but he leaves much to be desired. Guy can't catch a cold on PR. Bust or Breakout?
    Last edited by BlessedinBlue22; 04-19-2013 at 11:06 PM.

Jerrel Loligan

Cruz isn't an outside guy unless we are in 2 WR sets. He plays inside most of the time.

The 3 Wrs who will get the most playtime will be Nicks, Randle and Cruz. JJ will continue to be odd man out until he proves he can produce or until 1 of the 3 ahead of him falls to injury.

To date, he has been a bust. He will have 1 more year to make it right.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Cruz isn't an outside guy unless we are in 2 WR sets. He plays inside most of the time.

The 3 Wrs who will get the most playtime will be Nicks, Randle and Cruz. JJ will continue to be odd man out until he proves he can produce or until 1 of the 3 ahead of him falls to injury.

To date, he has been a bust. He will have 1 more year to make it right.
    There truly is nothing more to say then this.. The only thing i'll add, is i was a big fan of teh value of Jerrnigan and him as a player, and i hope he does get a true chance to make some plays this yr, so we can see for real and once in for all if he can play.. I just hope he dosen't get in a handful of plays every 5wks, because its such a crap shoot then.. But as u said, to this point, hes a bust, and his real chance is to make a impact on very limited snaps or for one ahead of him to get hurt, or possibly put on a show during preseason..

He really does have great versatility, shiftiness, and speed, if he is to be the player he ws in college...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    There truly is nothing more to say then this.. The only thing i'll add, is i was a big fan of teh value of Jerrnigan and him as a player, and i hope he does get a true chance to make some plays this yr, so we can see for real and once in for all if he can play.. I just hope he dosen't get in a handful of plays every 5wks, because its such a crap shoot then.. But as u said, to this point, hes a bust, and his real chance is to make a impact on very limited snaps or for one ahead of him to get hurt, or possibly put on a show during preseason..

He really does have great versatility, shiftiness, and speed, if he is to be the player he ws in college...
    The biggest surprise for me is his lack of real contribution on special teams cause that shiftiness was visible most on special teams in college since his QB stunk. That is where I really expected him to make an immediate impact. When we drafted him we needed a guy who could be electric and he never really has been.

The risk with regards to him as a WR is a common 1 for Smaller WRs coming out of college with limited experience vs press coverage. He just cannot get off the line of scrimmage without being mauled in the initial 5 yards. He finds himself too far behind in the route. That is what he needs to figure out , in my opinion, before he can make any real contribution.

I don't think he's sees the field much with Nicks, Cruz, Randle & Murphy

I think his value is a special teamer

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I don't think he's sees the field much with Nicks, Cruz, Randle & Murphy

I think his value is a special teamer
    This (barring injury to the people you mentioned...knock on wood)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I don't think he's sees the field much with Nicks, Cruz, Randle & MurphyI think his value is a special teamer
    agreed. i like the addition of murphy, i thought he was pretty good as a gator, havnt seen much of him since he's been in the NFL, though. if jerrell can make some nice plays in the return game then maybe they'll be more likely to incorporate him in the offense more..
    “Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don’t do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”(Vince Lombardi)

2014 draft wishlist..
    1. Charles Sims

I say semi-breakout. He was more involved as the season went along and with Hixon and Ramses (likely gone) that'll move him up the depth chart. Him and Murphy could duke it out for the 4th but I'll say....400-500 yards & 3 TD's.

Of course if I made an Andre Brown type prediction JJ would have about 1,200 yards 12 TD's & 90 receptions.

Veteran
    Double J is a non factor, no point in talking about him.