+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerrell Jernigan Bust or Breakout Season

I think they take Wilson out as a returner and put in JJ

Banned
    The only way Jernigan can make the team is to be on special teams, but chances are he doesn't make the team.

I can believe there's an 8 page JJ thread. lol

maybe the FO is being patient with him. bc when preseason/the training camps come along, he is almost always mentioned as one of the top performers, startr ot not.
    he even started the week 1 preseason game last yr iirc, he at least was targeted in the endzone. we all know it was a PI lol...

nah, but he does have amazing lateral quickness, and very good speed. he's like a poor mans tevon austin really. can use him a multitude of ways. i guess the FO wants him to be a legit WR before getting some of the other stuff on field like the end arounds, and out of the backfield type stuff...he can get seperation bc of his quickness/burst/agility. i think that the game is speeding up for him when he is expecting the pass bc thats pretty much the only time his feet get happy...

Banned
    Jernigan is toast, unless injuries create a spot for him. He isn't that good of a receiver, his routes aren't good, and his hands are suspect. It helps him that Hixon and Barden are gone, but the Giants will still bring in 3 or 4 more WR that aren't even on the roster yet, and it is clear they have no attachment to Jernigan.

Quote Originally Posted by darrin99 View Post
    lol, i'm just as surprised, Jernigan is the Wild card. either that or i'm just so popular lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligans View Post
    Jernigan is toast, unless injuries create a spot for him. He isn't that good of a receiver, his routes aren't good, and his hands are suspect. It helps him that Hixon and Barden are gone, but the Giants will still bring in 3 or 4 more WR that aren't even on the roster yet, and it is clear they have no attachment to Jernigan.
    Dude are you really stating your opinion like it's a fact? If not please link where your getting all this juicy information from.

Jernigan has muffed some punts yeah but he's never dropped a pass yet. Just last preseason Eli said he was seeing flashes of brilliance from JJ.... LINK

Jernigan has only been on the roster 2 years and is a slot receiver. The reason he hasn't shown much is because Cruz has never missed a game since he's been on the team. He's also been behind Nicks, Manningham, Randle and Hixon who all are better suited out-wide. Jernigan WILL make the team because if Cruz were to ever get hurt, he'd be the main guy for that role and is currently the only back-up there. Not to mention he was being used in 4 receiver sets last year and they were finding more creative ways to use him (reverses, bubble screens), which will only be an asset to the team with the way the league has gotten more creative with the pistol, read-option etc...type offenses. The Giants will not get cut him with only 4 current receivers who have any grasp of the system and replace him UDFA's....they may add a guy because they carried 6 last year but it won't be at the expense of JJ.....I GUARANTEE it.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I don't think he's sees the field much with Nicks, Cruz, Randle & MurphyI think his value is a special teamer
    agreed. i like the addition of murphy, i thought he was pretty good as a gator, havnt seen much of him since he's been in the NFL, though. if jerrell can make some nice plays in the return game then maybe they'll be more likely to incorporate him in the offense more..
    “Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don’t do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”(Vince Lombardi)

2014 draft wishlist..
    1. Charles Sims

Quote Originally Posted by darrin99 View Post
    Right, this dude doesn't even have 8 catches.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    I've seen Jernigan in on some plays. He looks like he could be a playmaker, i think he needs more playing time. As that slot receiver he could be perfect with cruz and nicks on the outside. The return against they Saints was the best, but he leaves much to be desired. Guy can't catch a cold on PR. Bust or Breakout?
    Jernigan = Sinorice Moss 2.0

Jernigan was simply a wasted pick.....should have gone OL or LB with that pick.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

+ Reply to Thread