+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Lol. People give up on players so easily. Why is he a bust?
    Because he's done nothing thus far.

Possibly too early too apply the "bust" label, but he's certainly been disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post

Possibly too early too apply the "bust" label, but he's certainly been disappointing.
    Everybody was calling Barden a bust too, b4 that philly game where he actually got a chance to START. Had over 9catches. The guy was catching balls across the middle of the field, u name it. Then because he lost the job back to Nicks, all of a sudden the bust chants began again. Jernigan is in the same boat imo. Austin to me is a major bust, not JJ or Barden.

Banned
    Seriously guys? I only need to say one thing to invalidate the bust claims. Andre Brown...

It's not JJ's fault Gilbride refuses to use 4 WR sets like other NFL teams with a good QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Seriously guys? I only need to say one thing to invalidate the bust claims. Andre Brown...

It's not JJ's fault Gilbride refuses to use 4 WR sets like other NFL teams with a good QB.
    Jernigan hasn't been hurt or released numerous times like Brown has.
    And Gilbride does use 4 WR sets on occasion. I'm sure I've seen him wheel out a 5-wide set in the red zone, too.

Jernigan hasn't even made an impact on special teams.

Banned
    Jernigan hasn't been hurt or released numerous times like Brown has.
    And Gilbride does use 4 WR sets on occasion. I'm sure I've seen him wheel out a 5-wide set in the red zone, too.

Jernigan hasn't even made an impact on special teams.
    Yeah like 3 times a game. You're able to judge a player's career based on less than 1 percent of snaps in a game? If you were that good you'd be there instead of Reese.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Jernigan = Sinorice Moss 2.0

Jernigan was simply a wasted pick.....should have gone OL or LB with that pick.
    As much as I hate generalizing and naming players after other players. The problems JJ has are remarkably similar to Sinorice.

1) has been a big disappointment on special teams, was expected to make a big impact there.

2) isn't physical enough to get off the line of scrimmage in a timely fashion when confronted with press coverage. Since this is a must in KG's system, he has struggled to make here.

I know people love the small fast guys, and they do have a place n the league, but in todays league I would devalue any WR who is small and doesn't have a good amount of experience vs press coverage, especially if you have a team that runs timing routes like we do. This year, everyone loves Tavon Austin in the draft and he is a fun guy to watch. But I still have to look at the history of the NFL and note that the league's history of 5'8 170 perennial pro bowl WR's is somewhat short.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Yeah like 3 times a game. You're able to judge a player's career based on less than 1 percent of snaps in a game? If you were that good you'd be there instead of Reese.
    All I said was that he's been disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    Everybody was calling Barden a bust too, b4 that philly game where he actually got a chance to START. Had over 9catches. The guy was catching balls across the middle of the field, u name it. Then because he lost the job back to Nicks, all of a sudden the bust chants began again. Jernigan is in the same boat imo. Austin to me is a major bust, not JJ or Barden.
    Barden was a bust though. Has anyone signed him?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro
    Because he's done nothing thus far. Possibly too early too apply the "bust" label, but he's certainly been disappointing.
    He was drafted just two years ago. His rookie season they had 3 very good WR's so where was he to fit in. Last year the team failed so how does he get labeled a bust?

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    He was drafted just two years ago. His rookie season they had 3 very good WR's so where was he to fit in. Last year the team failed so how does he get labeled a bust?
    Did you even read what you responded to?