+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PRGiant View Post
    Playing outside he probably is 5th behind Nicks, Cruz, Randle and Murphy...god forbid Giants draft someone...
    +1

He's buried deeper on the depth chart now than he was last year. He won't get a real chance to prove himself on game days, and that's really the only day that counts.

He is 5th right now and if Barden comes back to camp to try and make the roster he will be 6th. He could drop lower depending on where we draft a WR. He better show something this year, for his sake. I wouldn't call him a bust. He hasn't got the PT.

He's not a bust, just made redundant by Cruz.

That said, I did notice later on last season that the Giants were using a lot more 4 WR sets with Jernigan opposite Cruz... we could run something similar to an air raid offense, if only our OL was beefier so we didn't have to contribute max protection...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Starter
    He's been invisible for several years -- best case is he becomes a usable 3rd receiver. I doubt it though.

Iv supported him since hes been here and really wanted to see what the kid can do, but I dont see how he sees the field with Cruz, Randle and possibly Murphy in front of him. We are really loaded at WR

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

With his increased work load toward the end of last season I believe the Giants want to get him on the field more. He has obvious skills that should result in production. With the depth we have I don't really see him getting enough playing time to show out. If Cruz goes down JJ will get his opportunity. If not I see JJ breaking out with another team when his rookie contract is up.

The fact that we went out and got Murphy tells me we've moved on. He's nothing but injury depth, if he makes the team at all.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    He is 5th right now and if Barden comes back to camp to try and make the roster he will be 6th. He could drop lower depending on where we draft a WR. He better show something this year, for his sake. I wouldn't call him a bust. He hasn't got the PT.
    JJ passed Barden on the depth chart toward the end of last year. I agree, it's hard to label him a bust with such little opportunity. Except for his early career punt muffs he has responded nicely with his limited chances. Nice kick off returns in the Super Bowl. One kick off chance last year went for 60 yards. He showed nice after catch ability in Pre season and caught the few thrown to him during the regular season-no drops.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    The fact that we went out and got Murphy tells me we've moved on. He's nothing but injury depth, if he makes the team at all.
    I don't believe Murphy will be in the slot at 6'2" 200lbs he's on the outside as depth for the injury prone Nicks and the still questionable Randell. The fact we picked up Murphy has little to do with what the Giants think about JJ IMHO.

Can a player that is relegated to be a backup player even qualify to be a bust or a breakout?