+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    I don't think he was drafted to replace anything, I think they saw something in him and thought it was a value. Again, I'm just going off what a lot of people on here were saying and a lot thought he would be Steve smith for us
    Or maybe it was a little of both. He had that awesome GMAC Bowl and they were looking for that slot receiver they didn't get with Sinorice Moss.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    Or maybe it was a little of both. He had that awesome GMAC Bowl and they were looking for that slot receiver they didn't get with Sinorice Moss.
    yea but really wasnt smith drafted to replace moss then?
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

Starter
    Bust.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    yea but really wasnt smith drafted to replace moss then?
    "I don't think he was drafted to replace anything," so now u think smith was drafted to replace moss? Personally, i don't. Jernigan seemed to be the next in line, the successor to the bust called Moss that grew on the sidelines lol

Starter
    He's a bust but Reese will hang on to him for another year or 2 like he does with all his other second and 3rd round busts. Wasting money on guys like this and we can't even pay for a starting quality line backer and he's got his money tied up in guys like jj, Marvin austin, hung onto Clint Sintim and Ramses barden. (well not any more but he played out his contract) and let's not forget biggest waste of money Travis Bekum.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    "I don't think he was drafted to replace anything," so now u think smith was drafted to replace moss? Personally, i don't. Jernigan seemed to be the next in line, the successor to the bust called Moss that grew on the sidelines lol
    No, I'm just using your logic on the matter. I don't think anybody was drafted to specifically replace anybody (especially a guy that did t get on the field). I'm just saying if that's what u believe, then by your standards that's why Smith was drafted no?
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

I expected the JJ fans to bumrush this thread like gangBUSTers

I haven't given up on JJ and he showed some flashes last year. The problem for him is that he is no better than #4 on the depth chart and it's tough to break out from #4.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Starter
    He's a bust but Reese will hang on to him for another year or 2 like he does with all his other second and 3rd round busts. Wasting money on guys like this and we can't even pay for a starting quality line backer and he's got his money tied up in guys like jj, Marvin austin, hung onto Clint Sintim and Ramses barden. (well not any more but he played out his contract) and let's not forget biggest waste of money Travis Bekum.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I haven't given up on JJ and he showed some flashes last year. The problem for him is that he is no better than #4 on the depth chart and it's tough to break out from #4.
    showed nothing that says he should still be on this team. I bet Louis Murphy starts over him