+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    some appear to be really down on JJ, while others still see the potential and flashes, just not enough opportunities...Wonder what JJ has to say about all this lol

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Cruz isn't an outside guy unless we are in 2 WR sets. He plays inside most of the time.

The 3 Wrs who will get the most playtime will be Nicks, Randle and Cruz. JJ will continue to be odd man out until he proves he can produce or until 1 of the 3 ahead of him falls to injury.

To date, he has been a bust. He will have 1 more year to make it right.
    There truly is nothing more to say then this.. The only thing i'll add, is i was a big fan of teh value of Jerrnigan and him as a player, and i hope he does get a true chance to make some plays this yr, so we can see for real and once in for all if he can play.. I just hope he dosen't get in a handful of plays every 5wks, because its such a crap shoot then.. But as u said, to this point, hes a bust, and his real chance is to make a impact on very limited snaps or for one ahead of him to get hurt, or possibly put on a show during preseason..

He really does have great versatility, shiftiness, and speed, if he is to be the player he ws in college...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    There truly is nothing more to say then this.. The only thing i'll add, is i was a big fan of teh value of Jerrnigan and him as a player, and i hope he does get a true chance to make some plays this yr, so we can see for real and once in for all if he can play.. I just hope he dosen't get in a handful of plays every 5wks, because its such a crap shoot then.. But as u said, to this point, hes a bust, and his real chance is to make a impact on very limited snaps or for one ahead of him to get hurt, or possibly put on a show during preseason..

He really does have great versatility, shiftiness, and speed, if he is to be the player he ws in college...
    The biggest surprise for me is his lack of real contribution on special teams cause that shiftiness was visible most on special teams in college since his QB stunk. That is where I really expected him to make an immediate impact. When we drafted him we needed a guy who could be electric and he never really has been.

The risk with regards to him as a WR is a common 1 for Smaller WRs coming out of college with limited experience vs press coverage. He just cannot get off the line of scrimmage without being mauled in the initial 5 yards. He finds himself too far behind in the route. That is what he needs to figure out , in my opinion, before he can make any real contribution.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    I've seen Jernigan in on some plays. He looks like he could be a playmaker, i think he needs more playing time. As that slot receiver he could be perfect with cruz and nicks on the outside. The return against they Saints was the best, but he leaves much to be desired. Guy can't catch a cold on PR. Bust or Breakout?
    Unless there injuries, Jernigan won't make the team.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    some appear to be really down on JJ, while others still see the potential and flashes, just not enough opportunities...Wonder what JJ has to say about all this lol
    As far as what JJ has to say I have mentioned this in an earlier post. One of my daughters graduated from Troy with JJ and she knows him but not well. A close friend of my daughter has known JJ since grade school and remains close to him. In February when he was home he told her he was feeling great about the 2013 season and was confident he would see more action. He said the coaches are committed to getting him oppurtunities to show what he's got to offer. He did acknowledge that he has a great player in front of him in Cruz but he feels they will be on the field at the same time more often thisyear. That's straight from the horses mouth.We'll see? Those who say he won't make the team are in the dark without a source of light.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    As far as what JJ has to say I have mentioned this in an earlier post. One of my daughters graduated from Troy with JJ and she knows him but not well. A close friend of my daughter has known JJ since grade school and remains close to him. In February when he was home he told her he was feeling great about the 2013 season and was confident he would see more action. He said the coaches are committed to getting him oppurtunities to show what he's got to offer. He did acknowledge that he has a great player in front of him in Cruz but he feels they will be on the field at the same time more often thisyear. That's straight from the horses mouth.We'll see? Those who say he won't make the team are in the dark without a source of light.
    When Coughlin's ignored a player this long it usually doesn't bode well for his career prospects if he stays with the Giants. If a guy hasn't consistently found his way onto the field in his second year, maybe third year for some OL, it usually means Coughlin has relegated them to special teams, and that's where they'll stay for the remainder of their career. I think the Murphy signing was another nail in JJ's coffin. If Cruz re-signs, JJ may not even be suiting up for games. I think JJ has some talent, after all he was drafted fairly high; but it just doesn't look good for him right now. Regardless of what the coaches may be telling him, he's going to have to have a hell of a pre-season to get any more playing time this year.

The short training camps have hurt JJ not to mention sitting behind our best WR tandem in the history of the franchise. If Cruz does sit out for a while, it will help JJ get more reps in camp and show whether he's got the good or is just another iteration of Sinorice.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Jernigan is certainly due for a breakout! this is his 3rd year already and he hasn't impacted anything!

that doesn't mean he wont impact the offense he just hadn't had much of a chance with Nicks Cruz Hixon and Randle!

the Giants are giving him a chance to make an impact and I think he will be surprisingly good this coming year!

if they kept Barden around for 4 years they will imo retain JJ at least for the duration of his contract!
    Last edited by BigBlue1971; 04-21-2013 at 11:11 AM.

Banned
    I'm pretty sure the team said they plan on using him as PR/KR so we will at least get to see what he can do on special teams. Don't call JJ the next Moss just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligans View Post
    Unless there injuries, Jernigan won't make the team.
    He'll definitely make the team. Right now they only have 5 WR's.