+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Jernigan = Sinorice Moss 2.0

Jernigan was simply a wasted pick.....should have gone OL or LB with that pick.
    at the time and pick 3rd round of that draft, i thought he would turn out to be one of the star players from that draft..What a let down.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    at the time and pick 3rd round of that draft, i thought he would turn out to be one of the star players from that draft..What a let down.
    I did, too. I thought he would become the Giants' Wes Welker.

I wanted Randall Cobb.. just saying

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Dude are you really stating your opinion like it's a fact? If not please link where your getting all this juicy information from.

Jernigan has muffed some punts yeah but he's never dropped a pass yet. Just last preseason Eli said he was seeing flashes of brilliance from JJ.... LINK

Jernigan has only been on the roster 2 years and is a slot receiver. The reason he hasn't shown much is because Cruz has never missed a game since he's been on the team. He's also been behind Nicks, Manningham, Randle and Hixon who all are better suited out-wide. Jernigan WILL make the team because if Cruz were to ever get hurt, he'd be the main guy for that role and is currently the only back-up there. Not to mention he was being used in 4 receiver sets last year and they were finding more creative ways to use him (reverses, bubble screens), which will only be an asset to the team with the way the league has gotten more creative with the pistol, read-option etc...type offenses. The Giants will not get cut him with only 4 current receivers who have any grasp of the system and replace him UDFA's....they may add a guy because they carried 6 last year but it won't be at the expense of JJ.....I GUARANTEE it.
    Good post! There are definatly some posters on here who have closed minded tunnel vision in regard to JJ. Saying his hands are suspect is ridiculous. He muffed some punts his rookie year. He never dropped a pass in preseason or regular season, but his hands are suspect? Geez some people are gonna be chomping on some crow and it won't be you or me. I guarantee it!

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    Saying his hands are suspect is ridiculous. He muffed some punts his rookie year. He never dropped a pass in preseason or regular season, but his hands are suspect?
    It's just like how people criticize David Wilson for being a fumbler, when he's only fumbled once in his NFL career. Hixon carried a rep for having bad hands after fluffing a deep ball once, too.

That said, I don't envision much for Jernigan.
    Last edited by Flip Empty; 04-22-2013 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darrin99 View Post
    I predict he has a hard time making the final cut. At best he's the 5th receiver.
    agreed
    FUTURE NFL STAR

Hope he finished his degree. He'll need it!

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    It's just like how people criticize David Wilson for being a fumbler, when he's only fumbled once in his NFL career. Hixon carried a rep for having bad hands after fluffing a deep ball once, too.

That said, I don't envision much for Jernigan.
    They are going to continue to develop Jernigan for the length of his rookie contract. As things seem to be shaping up I think we'll see Nicks, Cruz, Randle, Myers, and Murphy as the target tree lineup. Murphy was signed for a year, like Bennett, to see what he can bring to the offense with his speed. There is a reason Eli worked with Ncks, Cruz, and Murphy at Duke. Maybe it was just availability...maybe not.

Jernigan should return to his ST duties
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    They are going to continue to develop Jernigan for the length of his rookie contract. As things seem to be shaping up I think we'll see Nicks, Cruz, Randle, Myers, and Murphy as the target tree lineup. Murphy was signed for a year, like Bennett, to see what he can bring to the offense with his speed. There is a reason Eli worked with Ncks, Cruz, and Murphy at Duke. Maybe it was just availability...maybe not.

Jernigan should return to his ST duties
    I guess he could have a breakout year as a special teams performer; but, that's really not what they drafted him for, or what everyone is hoping for. If a guy gets to this point in his career and Coughlin hasn't used him yet, chances are his hopes of ever starting or getting a lot of playing time on offense are nil.

Quote Originally Posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
    I guess he could have a breakout year as a special teams performer; but, that's really not what they drafted him for, or what everyone is hoping for. If a guy gets to this point in his career and Coughlin hasn't used him yet, chances are his hopes of ever starting or getting a lot of playing time on offense are nil.
    Perhaps, but he's been playing behind some pretty good players.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1